Grand Haven over,Hardy next??? >

Grand Haven over,Hardy next???

Notices

Grand Haven over,Hardy next???

Old 09-05-2002, 07:03 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like there is some confusion later in this thread. This is NOT a race venue. The Michigan Hot Boat Association usually brings a radar gun along, but last year the marine patrol coupled with the wind kinda put a damper on that so they went pretty far up river to do it (to the best of my knowledge). Anyway, this is a run what you brung kinda weekend. Just a bunch of folks hanging out with eachother, giving rides to eachother (got to ride in the KAAMA last year, wow!!!). That sort of thing. We all check out eachothers boats, motors, etc.... Fun stuff. And if you get a chance to watch the pickleforks and such run against the gun, even better.

Mike
Old 09-06-2002, 07:52 AM
MIdnightRider

I guess it looks like we are coming. My boat, Todd "Chickens" Advantage, Tim's Formula, and I thought they said Dale might come with the 38 Cougar. This is counting on a good day today ironing out all the kinks. I do have mine on the trailer, I need a valve adjustment on the port yet, and to fix a bent center prop blade(how that happened I'll never know). But it is run what ya brung right . Midnight

Old 09-06-2002, 08:00 AM
pb
Charter Member
Charter Member

Well, no go for me. Wifes friends husband was diving in a pool and you all know the rest of the story. Will be confined to a wheel chair for the rest of his life. My wife will be with her most of the weekend for moral support. Have fun guys...maybe next year. Just when the boat is running awesome.

Paul
Old 09-06-2002, 08:07 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

KAAMA,

I've decided to make the trip. I'll be going either saturday night or early sunday morning!! Sounds like its going to be a fun trip!!

Could you email me a number to call when I get up there? It would be nice to finally catch up with some people up here.

Are you going to be boating or on shore? By the way. Do you have a Silver Dodge Dakota?? I thought I saw one with KAAMA written on it about 2 or 3 weeks ago going down 196.

I'm going to make a copy of this thread and use it for directions!!

Last edited by 29scarab; 09-06-2002 at 08:11 AM.
Old 09-06-2002, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Dakota??? NOOOO! It's rather my 3/4 ton Diesel pickup. But it is a Dodge and it is silver, and it does have KAAMA on boths sides and the tailgate in small print.
Old 09-06-2002, 08:45 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

It was a quick glance as I was exiting the freeway. My bad!!!

Hope to hook up with you guys this weekend!!!

Old 09-06-2002, 09:12 AM
Registered

29Scarab/Shawn,

When I was typing the previous post I had gotten a cell phone call right while I was typing that post. So if it seemed a little harsh I meant not for that to be or sound that way--- just got distracted somewhat. It's really MY bad!

Anyway, if you want to follow us up Saturday, Wette Vette should be driving by South Haven on I-196 at about 7:45AM EST or so. He's meeting me at the Rest Area that's between Holland and Hudsonville at approx 8:30. You are most welcome to link up with us on our way up. I will only be staying until about 2PM. You should really come up on Saturday morning.

I may be towing the boat up there, but it's not running yet.
Old 09-06-2002, 09:48 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Is it going to be a 2 day event or, is it a one day thing on saturday?

If its saturday, then I'll adjust plans to be up there in the morning.

Do you think the boat will be ready? Aslo, how far is it from SouthHaven to that rest stop on the other side of Holland??
Old 09-06-2002, 09:30 PM
Registered

From South Haven to the Rest Area we're speaking of is about 45 miles I would say (give or take).

My boat is NOT ready and it doesn't look like I will even be bringing it along----too much horsin' around that I care to do for a boat that doesn't even run right now.

Hey everyone FYI, the DETOUR is no longer need from I-196 to U.S. 131 North. The road construction is pretty much done with for that area and it has JUST opened back up. As normal, take I-196 and look for the sign to say something like "U.S. 131 North Cadilac" but I will still rendevous with my link-up crew at the Rest Area at approx 0830 as originally planned. See ya'll in the marnin'
Old 09-06-2002, 10:54 PM
BK
Registered

Ok! It's a GO!

We'll be leaving at 7:30 tomorrow morning, which will put us at Hardy around noon.

I sure hope to meet some of you out there!

Keep an eye out for a 23' SOLID red Modified-Tunnel vee, Mariner powered "Mirage".

And say "HI" if you see us!

BK, Brad and the Boys from Indiana