Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Looking For New Friends In Pickwick Area >

Looking For New Friends In Pickwick Area

Notices

Looking For New Friends In Pickwick Area

Old 01-15-2015, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

I like it so far. You can go stretch your boats legs and fuel range if you choose. (I damn near ran out one night coming back from bay springs, died backing in the slip). I bought a book about the great loop and has all the charts from Paducah to Knoxville. Real good read and guide. Plenty of marinas and ramps for the bigger boats. Meeting more go fast people on Pickwick than on Kentucky lake. Also helps Payupsucker lives 15 minutes from me and when I'm out lord knows he is. I think his new motors may be due a refresh from all the time they got this season. If you see a dry piped formula out making passes that's probably him

Last edited by endeavor1; 01-15-2015 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavor1
I like it so far. You can go stretch your boats legs and fuel range if you choose. (I damn near ran out one night coming back from bay springs, died backing in the slip). I bought a book about the great loop and has all the charts from Paducah to Knoxville. Real good read and guide. Plenty of marinas and ramps for the bigger boats. Meeting more go fast people on Pickwick than on Kentucky lake. Also helps Payupsucker lives 15 minutes from me and when I'm out lord knows he is. I think his new motors may be due a refresh from all the time they got this season. If you see a dry piped formula out making passes that's probably him
Whats the name of the book and where can I get it?
Old 01-16-2015, 02:17 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Mseuro
Whats the name of the book and where can I get it?
http://www.riverlorian.com/tennesseeriver.htm

Really worth the money to me.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:02 AM
Registered

There's a pretty big group of powerboaters in the Nashville area. As mentioned, we have a Poker Run on Old Hickory Lake around the first of August each year. Most of us also run the events at Lake Cumberland, KY and the Poker Run in Knoxville (Rooster Tails in Rocky Top) in June. Some of the crew usually goes to Tickfaw and LOTO too. You can keep up with us on the TN Powerboat Forum in the club section of OSO. Welcome to TN!
Old 01-16-2015, 09:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by chewymalone
There's a pretty big group of powerboaters in the Nashville area. As mentioned, we have a Poker Run on Old Hickory Lake around the first of August each year. Most of us also run the events at Lake Cumberland, KY and the Poker Run in Knoxville (Rooster Tails in Rocky Top) in June. Some of the crew usually goes to Tickfaw and LOTO too. You can keep up with us on the TN Powerboat Forum in the club section of OSO. Welcome to TN!
How far by water is Nashville, it's a trip I want to make.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Mseuro
How far by water is Nashville, it's a trip I want to make.
It's roughly 180 miles from PW to KY Lake dam then catch the Cumberland to Nashvillle which is about 130 miles so about 310 total.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:55 PM
Registered

Might just put on trailer for that distance. I hear there's a lot going on at Cumberland, I am sure I will make that trip.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:08 PM
Registered

Pickwick is awesome . I'm from Memphis so me and my friends started our boating habits there. Very power boat friendly . Bay Springs is nice too , clear water and sandy beaches . The guyyou were talking about is Larry Slavick I think he keeps his fountain at the old pier 57 show room. I live in central Arkansas now surrounded by clear ozark mountain water lakes. Still plan to be out on pickwick a couple times a year.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:56 PM
Registered

I meet Larry about 5 months ago when I was there looking for a place to house my boat for the winter, he was very nice and I am sure we will have some fun together in 2015. If you make it to Pickwick let me know I will have 2 boats up there at the beginning of the season unless they sell my other. Looking forward to scuba diving Moulton Quarry in Alabama also, they tell me there's a lot of people that do it.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:53 PM
Registered

if you in to scuba you should check out norfork greers ferry or ouchita in Arkansas . extremely clear water . big time scuba scene.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.