Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats? >

Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats?

Notices

Whatever happened to offshore go-fast boats?

Old 01-24-2015, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
The deck boat craze didn't last long and I don't think the CC craze will either. There is a lot to be said in favor of outboards though.
I would disagree..........CC craze has only gotten bigger and as more people try one, they will buy one!
Old 01-24-2015, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
I really like that boat Hogie.....really nice buy
What kind of boat do you want?
Old 01-24-2015, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
The deck boat craze didn't last long and I don't think the CC craze will either. There is a lot to be said in favor of outboards though.
Just depends where you live. The Deck boats are still hot out west as well as many other styles of boats of Go-Fast boats. Starting to see more CC"s. Here in Havasu you never know what you will see next. Love them All!
Old 01-24-2015, 11:55 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
That last part would be the best of everything for sure and you are 100% right. A lot of the Die hard guys that complain about the O/B CC's are lake/river people who don't deal with the Salt year in and year out.

If I lived in LOTO I would prob keep my boat or something like it in those parts.
We're currently at LOTO looking to buy a house and haul the Formula back for the Summers, then buy a condo in the Cape and get a CC, doesn't get any better then that.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by WTDecker
Just depends where you live. The Deck boats are still hot out west as well as many other styles of boats of Go-Fast boats. Starting to see more CC"s. Here in Havasu you never know what you will see next. Love them All!
I love them all too. Whatever gets you on the water. I do not see the deck boats advertised much anymore. I see a lot of bowriders, pontoons and wake boats mainly. And CCs. I don't think that Center Consoles will replace traditional go-fasts in the long run. Isn't the top speed on most CCs below 70 mph? If it can't hit 80, it's not a go-fast.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New CC should hit 75, maybe if I loose some weight 76. Last boat before CC was 42 Fountain, have never looked back.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:42 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

CC boats are selling coastal areas but not a big market out west nor at LHC nor on inland small lakes. Some of the westcoast builders mentioned that they just did not get the craze about them. I know inland like in NY there is not much of a market for CC boats. I hear pontoon boats and wakeboard boats is becoming the norm. Just saying.

I cleared out a few PM's so that I can get some more.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:46 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

same post as above deleted

Last edited by BUP; 01-24-2015 at 12:48 PM. Reason: double post have no idea
Old 01-24-2015, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 134 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
CC boats are selling coastal areas but not a big market out west nor at LHC nor on inland small lakes. Some of the westcoast builders mentioned that they just did not get the craze about them. I know inland like in NY there is not much of a market for CC boats. I hear pontoon boats and wakeboard boats is becoming the norm. Just saying.

I cleared out a few PM's so that I can get some more.
Here in the NW it's all about the wakeboard, PWC's and a TON of aluminum fishing boats. There are more and more guys here resurrecting the flat bottom jets also...
Old 01-24-2015, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
We're currently at LOTO looking to buy a house and haul the Formula back for the Summers, then buy a condo in the Cape and get a CC, doesn't get any better then that.

No sir it doesn't.

That is where we want to be in the future as well. You are a smart and wise man.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.