Registered

Received 793 Likes on 374 Posts

Right...
Old 01-31-2015, 04:39 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity Tom
My bud is looking a 2000 42 fountain 500 efi staggered boat to take north to Ontario. He was told by the owner it runs high 70,s. With good props and a set of 1 in shortys he thinks he can get it in to the 80,s. That's a lot of boat to get in to the 80 s with 500 efi,s I think.
Can you please re-post this in the Fountain Forum.
These members can really derail a thread.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WTF all I did was ask a question you guys need to go out side and shovel some snow. I just ran my 34 Phantom 93.6 mph with no ****n boat in the water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I sell tools for a living and have set up more boats than both of yall put together !!

No shut the Fruck up!!!!
Old 01-31-2015, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What tools? I owned a snap on franchise 12 years ago.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:17 PM
Registered

I was a snap on dealer for 13 years. Went independent in 2011. WFO since then.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:47 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

OMG, so let's just come to the conclusion that a 42x cig is really a 44.5 boat when you include the swim platform (whether it's molded or not has no bearing on anything) Some manufacturers decided to mold the platform and some decided to add a bolt on platform. Yes they are labeled as the same length, but obviously a 42' boat with a built in platform is shorter than a 42' boat with an add on platform. Is there really anything to argue here?? Fountain is hardly the only boat with a molded in platform. I guess a 44MTI is really only a 40' boat too right?
Your cigarette is way heavier than a fountain, reducing performance but improving it's rough water ride. Hell if you want to get picky, let's compare a 42' fountain to a 38' top gun. The fountain is still lighter and has a more hydrodynamic hull design. Give Reggie credit where credit is due, he built some bad ass boats no matter how long they are or aren't!!
I don't hear any cig fans bashing Hustler's 388 slingshot as only being a 35-36' boat and thus comparisons aren't "fair"
Oh and one more thing, that Scarab 33 AVS with kick any cig's a$$ with the same power regardless of length.

Don't Hate on me.............. I love the cig's too, but let's have a reality check here!
Old 01-31-2015, 05:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Carbon Footprint
OMG, so let's just come to the conclusion that a 42x cig is really a 44.5 boat when you include the swim platform (whether it's molded or not has no bearing on anything) Some manufacturers decided to mold the platform and some decided to add a bolt on platform. Yes they are labeled as the same length, but obviously a 42' boat with a built in platform is shorter than a 42' boat with an add on platform. Is there really anything to argue here?? Fountain is hardly the only boat with a molded in platform. I guess a 44MTI is really only a 40' boat too right?
Your cigarette is way heavier than a fountain, reducing performance but improving it's rough water ride. Hell if you want to get picky, let's compare a 42' fountain to a 38' top gun. The fountain is still lighter and has a more hydrodynamic hull design. Give Reggie credit where credit is due, he built some bad ass boats no matter how long they are or aren't!!
I don't hear any cig fans bashing Hustler's 388 slingshot as only being a 35-36' boat and thus comparisons aren't "fair"
Oh and one more thing, that Scarab 33 AVS with kick any cig's a$$ with the same power regardless of length.

Don't Hate on me.............. I love the cig's too, but let's have a reality check here!
No ones hating on fountain...just rationally explaining why a 42' boat can be that fast. Has to do with smaller than usual running surface and weight. not even sure why an argument broke out. Thought the fountain guys would agree. It's all physics based but the fountain guys don't think so...must be the pixy dust that Reggie puts in the hulls during the layup process
Old 01-31-2015, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Doesnt seem like the beak, swim platform, or reduced running surface, caused this boat to have a hard time keeping up with 41 Apaches, or holding many race trophies. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaYbNXMq7c8
Old 01-31-2015, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
No ones hating on fountain...just rationally explaining why a 42' boat can be that fast. Has to do with smaller than usual running surface and weight. not even sure why an argument broke out. Thought the fountain guys would agree. It's all physics based but the fountain guys don't think so...must be the pixy dust that Reggie puts in the hulls during the layup process
So you dont think bottom design plays a role? Can you explain why my old 38 Fountain straight bottom was faster than a 31 Bullet with the same power, back in 1990? I can assure you the Bullet is not heavier, nor does it have nearly as much running surface. Matter of fact, the 38 Top Gun from that year wasnt much slower than the Cafe, or the bullet, with equal power.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
So you dont think bottom design plays a role? Can you explain why my old 38 Fountain straight bottom was faster than a 31 Bullet with the same power, back in 1990? I can assure you the Bullet is not heavier, nor does it have nearly as much running surface. Matter of fact, the 38 Top Gun from that year wasnt much slower than the Cafe, or the bullet, with equal power.
Dead rise and notch...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.