Notices

West Michigan boaters!

Old 02-14-2015, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

Out of G H maybe my 41 or something else and hope to be on the water this summer out of Holland if my buddy's 38 Cougar gets done.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

doe s it have to be formula owners just trying to gain some more knowledge about them. But I would like to hook up with a group of guys out of the Grand Haven area And Saugatuck. When I had my old boat I used to go up forever Grand Haven to Bass Lake does it have I still go there anymore
Old 02-14-2015, 11:36 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

For local boating I'm probably going to be doing most of my launching out of South Haven for runs up to Saugatuck and beach the boat on the south bank of the Kalamazoo River just inside the jetty. If I go any further north than Saugatuck, then I might as well trailer my boat up to Grand Traverse Bay or something.

Holland is not really what I would refer to as a place to stop in and tie up for a burger and I do like Grand Haven, but they last I knew they tend to pass out sour grapes to us offshore folk whose exhaust sound may be questionable....although I may possibly consider Muskegon.

If I trailer my boat down to St. Joseph, then I will likely head south down towards Grand Mere or past Cook Nuclear Plant and on to Warren Dunes State Park and toss an anchor there for a while---beautiful shoreline with all the big dunes....or maybe head down to New Buffalo and walk into town for a burger or something.

I think I'll just be glad to be on the water again.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:47 AM
Registered

Officer dickhead Dykehouse has been a problem for years in G H, I won't be running out of there if he's still head of water patrol. He is clueless as to how to properly test for noise and clueless treat people using our water ways around here.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

We were in Grand Haven and Spring Lake a few times last summer and had no issues with the water police. We have no mufflers and stock 700sci exhaust.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by check300
We were in Grand Haven and Spring Lake a few times last summer and had no issues with the water police. We have no mufflers and stock 700sci exhaust.
Same here. I was out there usually twice a week from May through August last year, and although I was pulled over numerous times for safety checks, they never said anything about my exhaust. It seems like the police were so bad a few years ago that they scared a lot of guys out of Grand Haven, even if times have changed.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:28 PM
Registered

It was bad enough I sold my lift and got rid of my slip.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:36 PM
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chris21hope
You know it! It's pretty obvious from the posts here that there are a lot of guys that want to get together, but there isn't really any organized way to do it. West Michigan Offshore will be a great way to unite go fast boaters, even while benefiting charity.
Might even just pull some guys in from far away!
Old 02-15-2015, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

They have lightened up quite a bit from years past. I'm actually shocked when I get pulled over. In 13 yrs I've been stopped twice in GH. Once by CG for safety inspection last year and once by Mr. Dykehouse for exhaust violation 5 yrs ago in the middle of October when know one was out boating. He terminated my voyage. The actual head of water at the Sheriffs office I believe Kooiman? was a good reasonable guy.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:31 PM
Registered

I believe officer Dykhouse is now retired. I try to keep a low profile and have my engines "quiet" typically. No issues for me for a few years.

I do think one HUGE benefit of West Michigan Offshore is the ability to meet with the police team as part of a PR move and a meet and greet for us offshore guys to establish a relationship with the police. If we do a Grand Haven specific fun run with sponsors, we can specifically talk about the poker run and race boats that are coming and clear that with the sheriff's dept before the event so no one's worrying during the event. It would also go a long way for any other time on the water.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.