worlds largest outboard motor debuts at miami boat show >

worlds largest outboard motor debuts at miami boat show

Notices

worlds largest outboard motor debuts at miami boat show

Old 02-14-2015, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nofastboat
so what would be assumed is the new 400 is going to just push 7marine out of the picture?
probably not, if theres a biggest engine its always going to attract buyers just because of bragging rights. seven marine isnt going to get pushed out of the picture, both engines are completely different. seven marine is just trying to make the biggest engine possible without regards to weight. mercury is pushing 400 horsepower out of a 2.6l which means its 400lbs lighter and much more efficent. while seven marine is using what? just under 6.2 right?
Old 02-15-2015, 07:01 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cough cough.....Bullchit. If you guys don't realize that the 557's make enough torque to offset the weight and then some.....you are huffing ether. These are not on bass boats. The difference in weight is a couple of lard asses in the boat or a qtr tank of gas. Comparing the 2 is like comparing a rice eater with a turbo to a BBC. The MTI ran 12mph faster. That is HUGE on that boat. If everyone could afford them and the manufacture still make the same amount of money per unit....they would be on every new ride out there. "Is the transom strong enough?" Well fuk yes it is. You haven't seen a video of a chain of 557's ripping across the bay by themselves yet have you? "I read a brochure that said they burn more gas than a mercury" Ya think? It's 4 more liters of tq and hp. It takes x amount of fuel to make x amount of hp. Period. "Well somebody said they are not as efficient" really? I mean really? If you want efficiency get an electric car and a new plug in station....or maybe a new Prius..... 557 owners get pussie. Verado owners are pussies. That's the difference

Last edited by thunderusone; 02-15-2015 at 12:03 PM.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:10 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Triple 557s cost aprox $250k, that MTI boat better go 12 mph faster.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I read somewhere that a pair of them cost $185,000. I think they are only sold for bragging rights on those huge CC's. They are faster yes, but not much faster to justify the price.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thunderusone
Cough cough.....Bullchit. If you guys don't realize that the 557's make enough torque to offset the weight and then some.....you are huffing ether. These are not on bass boats. The difference in weight is a couple of lard asses in the boat or a qtr tank of gas. Comparing the 2 is like comparing a rice eater with a turbo to a BBC. The MTI ran 12mph faster. That is HUGE on that boat. If everyone could afford them and the manufacture still make the same amount of money per unit....they would be on every new ride out there. "Is the transom strong enough?" Well fuk yes it is. You haven't seen a video of a chain of 557's ripping across the bay by themselves yet have you? "I read a brochure that said they burn more gas than a mercury" Ya think? It's 4 more liters of tq and hp. It takes x amount of fuel to make x amount of hp. Period. "Well somebody said they are not as efficient" really? I mean really? If you want efficiency get an electric car and a new plug in station....or maybe a new Prius..... 557 owners get pussie. Verado owners are pussies. That's the difference
Andy, is that you? Are you drinking again? Haha!

Originally Posted by andy
300xs stock = vagina! You have taken a thought, and a great one at that and thought outside the box=vagina. Its nice to know your twats 300 freeken x es will be faster than a 300xs lezbo hole...rock on thinker and do'er...