Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Info and pics on the Sonic cat. >

Info and pics on the Sonic cat.

Notices

Info and pics on the Sonic cat.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It may not solve Chucks issues with Tony, but at least it can serve as a huge WARNING to any of his potential customers who are considering buying a boat from him.

There shouldnt be an negotiations or discussions, Chuck paid for a boat he's yet to receive... If Tony wants to negotiate or make things right, refund Chuck's money or deliver the boat he paid for. With all this bad press (and OSO is a very powerful tool for spreading the word), I would think Tony would be well ahead to make things right if he wants to move forward in this industry.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if this thread can hit 30,000 views like the others?
Old 02-18-2015, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike A.
Gino,

By all means, do your homework. You can start by calling me as I represent Sonic and Tony, who has turned his entire operation into a solid business.

Chuck,

You can call me too. Better yet, have your attorney call me and we can discuss the entire situation, facts and all. I think those conversations may produce better results than ranting on OSO.

Thanks.
No offense, at this point I would think it is a little late to try and save face. Although, I think completing a deal and delivering 2 boats that have been paid for would be a good start. Notice how companies like Cig, Outerlimits, Skater, MTI, Baja (and many more)...do not have dirty laundry on OSO, just an observation. Maybe because these companies are not Fukking people over.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

JS - I have a great relationship with Tony. I put my project on hold because I was just too busy. He and his crew at Sonic have moved on and forward. They have a terrific new base of customers and are on solid ground now.

As for Chuck's situation, OSO is a great thing, but rarely does it work to resolve business issues. People say too many things out of emotion, friends/supporters jump in with only partial information, and a terrible mess is created. I think honest dialogue in a traditional setting works better. I know the OSO attacks have done nothing to help In this instance. Proof is in the pudding, right?
DAmn straight a terrible mess is created, when you phuck with a man's money and his livelihood, messes are definitely created. Read the peper or turn on the news, people regularly get planted for less, much less.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll say this one last time and then leave Chuck's friends to their own devices. Lawyers get involved in legitimate business disputes everyday in virtually every country on earth. Most civil disputes are resolved that way. In fact, I would venture to guess that the civil justice system has a much better success rate in settling business disputes than Internet message boards. In fact, I would say that legitimate businessmen with legitimate claims hire attorneys specifically to resolve those claims far more often than they enlist the help of their friends to rampage on the Internet. That tactic has not worked in this case and will not work in this case EVER. So, keep it up and you'll get more of the status quo, which is the definition of insanity, or take my advice and maybe things will change for the better.

Chuck and his lawyer are free to call me anytime.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I have some comments that I wish to make and have forwarded them to my attorney for him to edit/massage then post on my behalf.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

I'll say this one last time and then leave Chuck's friends to their own devices. Lawyers get involved in legitimate business disputes everyday in virtually every country on earth. Most civil disputes are resolved that way. In fact, I would venture to guess that the civil justice system has a much better success rate in settling business disputes than Internet message boards. In fact, I would say that legitimate businessmen with legitimate claims hire attorneys specifically to resolve those claims far more often than they enlist the help of their friends to rampage on the Internet. That tactic has not worked in this case and will not work in this case EVER. So, keep it up and you'll get more of the status quo, which is the definition of insanity, or take my advice and maybe things will change for the better.

Chuck and his lawyer are free to call me anytime.
another steaming pile, Ive been in my own business for 20 years. Ive never had to use an attorney to conduct normal business transactions, because I give my customers what they pay for, if I cant I don't accept their money. The ONLY time I have ever had to use an attorney is when a competitor filed a frivolous suit, which I came out of very well. Plenty of crooks get away with crimes for quite some time, Madoff did, Capone did, Pantera did, Hionas did numerous times. Honest businessmen don't need them.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck
I'm having a little trouble sleeping tonight so I figured I would chime in here a little. Obviously I appreciate the posts from members here who empathize with my situation, thank you! Let me just say a little bit here about both facts and some of my opinions. Fact: Two years ago this month I compounded my problems with Tony Frisina/ Arrow Powerboats by transferring him more money than we had agreed to in the agreement between him, myself and OCM. This was my big mistake, I lost my edge in the negotiating. At this point it was easier to screw me over and sell the boat twice and profit vs doing what we had contracted to do and complete the boat. For those of you that are new here to this situation this was funds paid to Frisina by me on behalf of the dealer, I had completely paid for the boat when I made my initial deal by trading down in boat.
Other Customers Boats:
The first 36 CC with the stepped bottom is currently in litigation in NJ. The boat was never completed ( although it was completely paid for and over a YEAR late) and later as part of the litigation was deemed unseaworthy by a marine construction professional.
The 42 Spectre ( wait lost the franchise), Sonic ( wait, people won't accept it as a Sonic), Frisini Cat was funded and never completed. This boat was years late and also deemed ( this is second hand info not personally told to me) unsafe and a hazard to the occupants. The owner of the vessel had to pay to have the boat completely re rigged at his expense. It is rumored that this was in excess of $50,000. This owner also had to pay for a complete cabin to be made and installed since Frisini never finished the boat. Today the graphics on the boat have been changed to not indicate any branding related to Frisini.
The first 39 CC owner does appear to be happy with his boat as indicated by some of his posts here on OSO.
The first open bow 30 Vendetta completed a cpl years ago ( over a year late) also had to be completely re rigged. The dealer involved had to eat this expense and has never been funded by Frisini for their poor and unacceptable craftsmanship.
Well known professionals and vendors in the marine industry who have been financially screwed by Tony Frisina and Arrow Powerboats:
Jay Pilini, original founder of Spectre Powerboats
Chris Dilling, founder of Grafix EFX
John Cunningham, vast experience in different capacities with many brands still in existence today.
Skater40, businessman and former owner of Spectre molds and branding rights.
Ilmor Marine
PokeRuns America
Tim Sharkey ( rumor not first hand knowledge known by me but hinted to in his posts also)
Oregon Custom Marine
I would strongly caution anyone thinking about doing business with this company to do their due diligence. Pick up the phone and call some well known people in the industry. Tony Frisina and Arrow Powerboats are a joke in the marine industry and not a valued customer by most marine vendors ( cash only).
In closing, I'm embarrassed I ever thought about leaving Nor-Tech. Both Nor-Tech and FastBoats were easy simple transactions and the products they gave me provided me great memories that will last a lifetime, and more importantly allowed me to meet some amazing people in both this sport and industry. Due to Tony Frisina and Arrow Powerboats I will be on the sidelines for quite some time but still enjoy OSO and all the friends I have made here.
I'm not a lawyer and know there is always 3 sides to any story but there are way too many great vendors in the marine industry to ever take a chance with people that have this lengthy history.
In my view where there is smoke there is fire and the best thing we can do to support the industry is to only purchase from reputable vendors, its pretty simple. Every dollar that you spend at a reputable builder instead of a scammer helps the vendor, the industry and your fellow boater.
The greatest asset of OSO is the support between boaters, just like on the water, it shouldn't be any different in the business side.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chuck, you or your attorney should give Mike a call... Go in with an open mind and let's see what happens. Let's see if these guys can make this right or if this is just more Internet damage control BS.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not interested in anymore additional legal fees or lawyers. Your client has my number and my permission to give it to you. I would be more than happy to answer any and all questions you may have here in a public forum as long as you would agree to the same. I don't feel like I need a lawyer because nobody knows the facts of this situation better than myself and your client. Let's resolve this situation. P.S. I don't know personally the majority of the posters on this thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.