Any recommendations on a big single V

Old 02-25-2015, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smokey mountain outer limits is for sale
Old 02-25-2015, 09:29 PM
Registered

someone was saying if he is going to be in more than 1-2' chop he should get a single cat? but i was told they beat up on you with the center back sponson when it is rough? it would just be even worse. i could be wrong but it sounded like it would make sense. i really like the phantom. i have meet will and he builds some quality product. something you can hold onto for a while
Old 02-25-2015, 09:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TracyRR
I've combed the classifieds on this site and found some nice boats!! Since i'm just kicking tires for the next few months, what are some other web sites to look for this type of boat? I really appreciate everyone's input!! T
This is pretty much it! There are some others - like boattrader.com and boats.com, although they don't specialize in go-fast types. And powerboatlistings.com is fun to look at. When I was in the market a few years ago though, almost every boat I called on from there had been sold long before but not updated on the site.

Good luck on your search!
Old 02-25-2015, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pick out a few names and try oodle. Com , you can search an area or nationwide. Good luck
Old 02-25-2015, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nofastboat
someone was saying if he is going to be in more than 1-2' chop he should get a single cat? but i was told they beat up on you with the center back sponson when it is rough? it would just be even worse. i could be wrong but it sounded like it would make sense. i really like the phantom. i have meet will and he builds some quality product. something you can hold onto for a while
The OP said he was boating on a lake that rarely sees a 1' chop in which I replied that if he is only boating in a 1-2' chop that a single cat would be the way to go.

With that being said most of the fast single engine V bottoms are all sit down boats. The velocity and the 30' checkmate would be the exception.

The 32' single velocity that was for sale actually had the drive ripped off and took on considerable water for what it's worth. Not saying it sunk but it was beached to prevent sinking.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:13 PM
Registered

Checking out a few of the recommended boats.... Several really cool boats that are on the shortlist are Y2K, checkmate 300, activator, sensation, challenger and velocity. Lots of cool stuff! Yes on some of the other classified sites I went on.....The ads were so old, kind of aggravating so i'll stick to the classifieds here, lol. If the cat insurance wasn't so expensive, It would definitely be an option. Thanks!

Last edited by TracyRR; 02-25-2015 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:29 PM
Charter Member #394
Charter Member

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

You probably know this but Activator and Rage are really the same hull. Both designed by Mark Schnepf, Rage is the new company. Older Activator molds are in Sweden now, 'Mange' on this site has them. Oh, and the avitar is my 32' Activator with a #6 and one blown BBC in it.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:56 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Look at the howard as mentioned before. The Eliminator Eagle series are very good and fast boats. I had a 25 that ran and handled very well. The 25 is smaller, I would recommend the 28 or 30. I know OCM has a very nice 30 for 58K with twin 502 Mags Look at powerboatlistings.com
Old 02-26-2015, 06:00 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Although I think the Activator/Rage is the best big water boat ever. They handle like crap in flat water at least the two I've been in. If I only had a foot of chop at most to boat in it wouldn't be my first choice of boat.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by SFOcean
You probably know this but Activator and Rage are really the same hull. Both designed by Mark Schnepf, Rage is the new company. Older Activator molds are in Sweden now, 'Mange' on this site has them. Oh, and the avitar is my 32' Activator with a #6 and one blown BBC in it.
Can you post some pics of your boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.