Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Coming to the left coast 20th to 29th,what to do? >

Coming to the left coast 20th to 29th,what to do?

Notices

Coming to the left coast 20th to 29th,what to do?

Old 09-16-2002, 07:37 PM
Dennis Moore

Airpacker, If you are a real high performance boater I would suggest that you stop in at Hallett Boats in Irwindale and ask them for a short tour of the factory. It isn't that big but you would be impressed. At the fairplex in Pomona you can see the dragstrip and the NHRA museum (if you are into car drag racing it is awsome). Rex Marine is only a block away from the Museum and it is nice. The Peterson Museum (car museum) is good and if you are into art the J. Paul Getty Museum is world class with a fantastic veiw of Los Angeles. Some things that may seem silly but that are actually pretty good are the tours of the Movie Stars Homes in Hollywood/Beverly Hills, Universal Studios Tour, Disneyland and it isn't very difficult to get tickets to see Jay Leno being taped (call the NBC Burbank studios and ask how to get tickets). The kids will be back in school so Magic Mountain and Knotts Berry Farm will be really fun without the crowds. If you are into baseball both the Angels and the Dodgers games are fun. Be sure to visit a marina, if you go to Venice Beach then Marina Del Rey is only a few blocks away. Just walking around any marina is fun, checking out the boats. Newport Beach is probably the most impressive with some good night life (you could go down to Dennis Rodmans nightclub and have a drink with him, it is only a $20.00 cover charge to get in! You can't miss his joint, it is on Pacific Coast Highway).
Hope this helps
Sincerely
Dennis Moore
FAMILY AND PERFORMANCE BOATING MAGAZINE

Old 09-16-2002, 07:50 PM
Dennis Moore

Default One last thing!

I forgot one last thing, on the 22nd of September you could also go to the Long Beach High Performance Automotive Swap Meet (you could do it all between 7:00 and 10:00 in the morning and you might really enjoy it). It is literally in the shadows of the Boeing Aircraft Hangers at Long Beach Int. Airport off of the San Diego Freeway.
Dennis

Old 09-16-2002, 09:44 PM
Tom
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dennis Rodman is an offshore fan too. I saw his boat at Dick Simon Marine. maybe you can get a ride with him and some groupies
Old 09-17-2002, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tom,I arrive 10pm friday night the 20th.I'll be ready to rock whenever.If the saturdat lunch run doesn't work for you,I am free just about any time from sunday to thursday.

Dennis,Rodmans...NOT But thank you for all the other information.As for the "if you are a real high performance boater" part,I am considered by friends and family as a BOATAHOLIC
Old 09-17-2002, 08:16 AM
Mike J

Airpacker: Your in Luck,
The LongBeach Boat Show is
running the 26th to the 29th.
You can see it and have lunch at the Famous YARDHOUSE the same day.
See the Queen Mary.
Then come up to ventura on
Sunday for the races.
Mike J.

Old 09-17-2002, 08:44 AM
Registered

Mike,sounds cool,unfortunatley,I fly back home at 12 noon on the 29th but I will catch the boat show for sure.
Old 09-17-2002, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Airpacker and Tom,
If you both need a place to meet up in Dana Point I have a nice big parking lot out front. Ill give you both the full tour of our toy store. Just give me a call ahead of time so Im not on the water.

Matthew W.DeLisio
Old 09-17-2002, 06:59 PM
Uncle Toys

Airpacker - Are you sure you want to go out in the ocean? We are headed to Havasu this weekend

If you end up with dead time and would like to tour Eliminator's facility, let me know.

Old 09-18-2002, 07:07 AM
Registered

UT,check your PM box.Eliminator tour?sounds kewl to me.
Old 09-18-2002, 08:16 AM
Uncle Toys

Hey Sean, are you sure you wouldn't rather go to Havasu

Now that was a kick a$$ weekend!