Notices

trim limit switch

Old 06-10-2015, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Mine turned out to be the up solenoid. Replaced an all is good.

There are a couple connections by the pump. It could be one of those loose or perhaps a broke wire at a connector. If they're not clicking, I'd check the red I believe single wire with a black connector. That was the one that fed my engine trim switches.

I found a pin that had worked its way loose in my benett tabs last week. Pushed it back in and life is good.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 177 Likes on 114 Posts

The trim pump will also have an inline fuse that feeds power to solenoids (small wire not the main power feed to pump). It is located at the pump. Check fuse and connector. You need a volt meter and 10 min. to trouble shoot this circuit. GOOD LUCK.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hamer-r-down your the winner! Got the new trim senders in and finally got to trouble shoot the rest female end hotwire to the fuse no continuity. You nailed it. But I have thank all of you who posted with your ideas, this is what its all abought
Old 06-24-2015, 01:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put on the water muffs to get the new carb dialed in, floats& idle mix felt somthing funny looked and the prop was spining in nuetral, when i move the stick forward in gear the shift switch kills the engine. The previus owner replaced all the cables, shift plate, I had a rough time getting the out drive back on lining up all shift stuff. I think I better pull the out drive back off it all worked nicely before I went in to do the trim senders. On the under side of the drive is a linkage I think the bottom was a arrow shaped dog the top was a U-channel they didn't want to line up. I let it idle and got the carb set up , It got a good 20 minute run time on it.That eddelbrock was washing that engines rings out, it really liked the holley. Yep oil change before the next trial