Notices

Dcb A Classy Company!

Old 09-10-2002, 03:05 PM
DCB West Coast

Smile Dcb A Classy Company!

Ok... here is the story.... My Mach 26 was stolen a few weeks back...Bottom Line.... I was under insured, in fact, my insured value was only 75k, not nearly enough to replace the boat I had built, and upgraded over the last 18 months up until it was stolen. I thought, like most of you thought... that the fact that the boat was stolen from the manufacturer's premises, while in thier care, that DCB's insurance would foot the bill. Well, Check it out guys and BEWARE.... California and Florida law states that if the shop owner takes prudent pre-cautions (basically locking his fence) then he is NOT liable for the theft, nor is his insurance. This is NOT Daves fault, it's the LAW.....along with me, Dave has been pissed at his own agent about this situation for almost 2 weeks when it first started looking like DCB's insurance wasn't gonna pay... So here is where the good part comes in.... DAVE is going to take my 75k and my old boat (he is going to use it to make the plug for his deck boat coming out next year) and he is going to make me my dream boat..... an F-29 with Twin extreme outdrives.... I need to give him twin Marinized small blocks at my cost... and he will hand me the boat fully put together!!!! I need to add that this isn't a stripped down model... it has almost $40k retail in upgrades, I told Dave what I wanted and he didn't skimp anywhere!.......Dave Faxed me this deal in writing yesterday and I am SO BLOWN AWAY by the fact that this boat company owner is willing to "DO THE RIGHT THING" on his own, with his own time and money and without the support of his own insurance company. The guy is the "REAL DEAL" he operates with a lot of class, He recognized a wrong and made it right. Jennifer and I are very very greatful to DAVE at DCB... wow! Thank you BIG TIME DAVE!!!

His Generous support prompts this post so if anyone wants to contact Dave for a new or used boat, or even to give him a pat on the back for standing by his customers... he can be reached at (619)442-0300.... I am not spamming here guys, I just want everyone to know when something good happens too...This is not DCB's idea, It's mine!

Old 09-10-2002, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's GREAT news!! I'm glad to see there are men like Dave out there. Way to go DCB!!
Old 09-10-2002, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's awesome!
It seems like Dave and his boats truly are the crown jewels of an industry severely lacking in precious gems!!

It makes me want to buy that new F-34 even more!!

I wonder if I could arrange to have my boat stolen at his place!! ha ha
Old 09-10-2002, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that the marine industry needs a lot more people like that
Old 09-10-2002, 04:17 PM
Registered

Good for you DCB and Daves Custom Boats.

My buddys 36 Eliminator with new Teague 1,000's was stolen from Teague Custom Marine just before yours and it was found in the same manner as yours "stripped". The boat had been sitting there for about 3mo. while the owner was deciding what to do with it. (the boat had hull damage nearly beyond repair with new motors).

There was no insurance on the boat and because of California law Teagues wont cover it either. TCM is offering a $10,000 reward for info on the theft.

DCB, maybe some of your luck will rub off on my buddy
Old 09-10-2002, 04:56 PM
DallasHeat

This insurance law is not uncommon, I had two snowmobiles, on a trailer, stolen from the dealer I brought them to for tune ups. As long as the dealer makes an honest attempt to secure them...i.e. fence, your insurance is liable...

Oh ya, that was in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada....but not uncommon in the US I would bet...

Old 09-10-2002, 05:49 PM
DCB West Coast

Originally posted by hot water
Good for you DCB and Daves Custom Boats.

My buddys 36 Eliminator with new Teague 1,000's was stolen from Teague Custom Marine just before yours and it was found in the same manner as yours "stripped". The boat had been sitting there for about 3mo. while the owner was deciding what to do with it. (the boat had hull damage nearly beyond repair with new motors).

There was no insurance on the boat and because of California law Teagues wont cover it either. TCM is offering a $10,000 reward for info on the theft.

DCB, maybe some of your luck will rub off on my buddy
thats a very sad story, I'm sorry to hear of your friends loss..... I'm sure its the same group of jerkoffs that stole my boat... I hope everything works out and once again I'm sorry

Old 09-10-2002, 09:04 PM
Registered

I have never anything bad about Dave or the whole company. Seems like he's got it all figured out. That's what customer satisfaction is all about.
Old 09-11-2002, 07:38 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like Dave is trying to make a name for himself in the marine industry...
...a Good name.

My hat's off to DCB. Good luck with the new dream boat.