Used boat prices/short supply looming? >

Used boat prices/short supply looming?

Notices

Used boat prices/short supply looming?

Old 06-11-2015, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
If a dealer says he "sold low" so does that mean "Bubbles" wasn't going to use my dollars to go to college when she got off the stage?

FYI......Your own sale is a comp! You jump into just about every thread with "yeah, wish it sold so I could move to a CC" yet when several mention your pricing scheme is flawed you get upset.
I am not upset at all.

I feel my boat is currently fairly priced and you don't....it is nothing more than two opinions.

However as I said I am currently in deal with someone at my "over price" and have had a lot of interest since setting there 2 weeks ago.

So I will continue to do what I am doing and you please do the same.

Yes I am ready to move on to a CC, no I am not ready to give my boat away to do so...end of story.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Being from Chicago and boated all over the Midwest, including the Mich. I would NEVER by a boat that's been winterized and stored in freezing temps. If a salt water boat is taken care of, (and I only assume when you talking about 100K's it is taken care of) I rather look at a salt water, well maintained boat then a frozen popsicle from the North. many don't understand the detrimental effects on a boat and fiberglass when it's in a freezing environment. Rubber, gaskets, moisture in the motors and drives, hairline cracks etc. etc. Even if it's winterized right. And believe me, even many of the "expert" marinas or service people won't do it right. Salt is not the problem. Freezing is, and lack of proper maintenance.
Wrong.
Some of us have our boats winterized AND store them in a heated warehouse (at PBC) from October til May.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Hmmm the above OSO sonic is priced low but been for sale since November. I'm no used car GM or anything but in my sales experience stuff prices low sells very fast. Stuff priced at marketish value tends to be a while and stuff overpriced sits for 6 months or years. It's obvious when the same stuff is for sale for 6 months to a year or more it is overpriced. People over valuing their possessions is nothing new and will continue forever. People who want to sell stuff understand markets and fluctuations and know how to price to move.

People who can't not read and don't understand what I have said over and over that I am not in a rush and in a have to sell position will continue to over look that.

But I am no boat captain that looks over those facts and assumes they know someone's life they never met though.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:02 PM
Registered

Fwiw.....enough about my boat.

Move on....if you think it is over priced..neat/OK. Then it.is not the boat for you.

I think all that needed to be said, has been said.

Last edited by Nate5.0; 06-11-2015 at 11:14 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:52 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

That post was hardly about you specifically. I did throw the used car thing in because I'm not a salesman by trade. It's about boat sales in general and what I've seen. Take it how you will. I merely commented on the fact said was claimed to be priced low yet still for sale. I have seen some of the same boats for sale for well over a year. Some 2 or more but the prices are astronomical. I honestly could care less about your boat or how you price it or if it ever sells. This is a thread about boat pricing in general not Nate 5.slows boat pricing.

Now back to the thread. My previous post is reflective of the face boat prices have fallen even more than some think hence the reason they are holding steadfast in higher prices because they value it more. So far the lack of inventory hasn't not affected it. I don't see that trend changing anytime soon and I see them dropping even more.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
That post was hardly about you specifically. I did throw the used car thing in because I'm not a salesman by trade. It's about boat sales in general and what I've seen. Take it how you will. I merely commented on the fact said was claimed to be priced low yet still for sale. I have seen some of the same boats for sale for well over a year. Some 2 or more but the prices are astronomical. I honestly could care less about your boat or how you price it or if it ever sells. This is a thread about boat pricing in general not Nate 5.slows boat pricing.

Now back to the thread. My previous post is reflective of the face boat prices have fallen even more than some think hence the reason they are holding steadfast in higher prices because they value it more. So far the lack of inventory hasn't not affected it. I don't see that trend changing anytime soon and I see them dropping even more.
It has been at its current price for 2 weeks and yes was over priced as it Sat on the market before.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,126 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Fwiw.....enough about my boat.

Move on....if you think it is over priced..neat/OK. Then it.is not the boat for you.

I think all that needed to be said, has been said.
I hope you've finally stopped defending yourself, you never had to explain a thing.

With your work in the auto industry (that's what I did for 25 years) I'm sure you know what you're doing. Boats and cars are worth what some individual is willing to pay on the day. If anyone is serious, they'll make an offer and it's up to the vendor to negotiate or say no. Just about anything is saleable if you want to trash the asking price. If you have something that is very good you can choose to hang on for a decent figure. Up to you.

FWIW, I've only seen a few pictures of your boat and I like the color scheme and you've got the best of the black motors available. No troubles or big service costs. Also looks like you have spent time and money to keep her in great shape.

Ask your price, negotiate if you feel like it and stop justifying yourself to everyone on OSO!!!

RR
Old 06-12-2015, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
I am not upset at all.

I feel my boat is currently fairly priced and you don't....it is nothing more than two opinions.

However as I said I am currently in deal with someone at my "over price" and have had a lot of interest since setting there 2 weeks ago.

So I will continue to do what I am doing and you please do the same.

Yes I am ready to move on to a CC, no I am not ready to give my boat away to do so...end of story.
Nate, ask Jup how he prices his used boats when he needs to get rid of them.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 370ss500efi
what is your recomendation for spring startup?
We already hijacked this thread a bit, so I don't want to go into a lot of details. As long as the original thread starter don't mind, just a few important notes. Assuming all the winterization (the obvious) is done, fuel level should be as low as possible. At start up you fill the tank with "new" fuel. Remove the plugs before winter and put oil socked cotton balls into the holes. Even with the water separating filters, there are still some water in the fuel and fuel lines. With fuel injected motors, remove the fuel intake hose at the pump and spay nitrogen into the system, Nor sure all the science and chemistry behind the nitrogen, but nitrogen dissolves water or something. It works. Love to take credit for some of these points, but I can't. At start up, remove the valve covers and spray or pour Marvel oil all over the springs, valves, rockers. etc. (if you can remove it use the spray marvel with a flexible straw to get it everywhere) In 3 months they will be bone dry. THe pistons are not the only issues with lack of oil. I spray carb fluid or injector cleaner into all the fuel lines before starting, so there is nothing dry. When I had carbed motors I poured gas into the carb. (the floats will be dry as well.) After all that let the motor sit for a day. Put some trany fluid in the oil, start and change oil. There is a bunch more, but some key points. The rest needs to go to a new thread. (sorry for the hijack)
Old 06-12-2015, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Plowtownmissile
Wrong.
Some of us have our boats winterized AND store them in a heated warehouse (at PBC) from October til May.
YOu sort of proved my point. Boats stored in heated storage are not "frozen" boats. Many bring high priced boat to the south for winter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.