Photos When Selling a Boat >

Photos When Selling a Boat

Notices

Photos When Selling a Boat

Old 06-22-2015, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Photos When Selling a Boat

Something I cannot understand. There are many of: "The Cleanest, Best Maintained, Open Checkbook". Some of these don't have complete pictures (no engine shots) or they are iPhone shots. When you go to sell a luxury home, you hire a professional photographer, you stage the house and make it perfect. It makes a huge difference. What is the deal with selling a $250K + boat and not taking the time to get it photographed. I realize some are "for sale at the right price" or the owner is so over it they just don't care. Some sell themselves.

Just an observation.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:14 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

and that reason alone is why I do not have mine fully up for sale right now!
Have not had, or made, the time to get good photos done!
Old 06-22-2015, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear ha Tx. Two things irritate me more, no photos or the bilge/bottom of the engine bay is filthy. Open check book, how about a bottle of cleaner.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

they only need one clear pic if the cockpif is full of hot skanks... It will sell
Old 06-22-2015, 07:21 PM
Registered

Need to add a third, although not pic related, list the stupid price.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Feverz29
I hear ha Tx. Two things irritate me more, no photos or the bilge/bottom of the engine bay is filthy. Open check book, how about a bottle of cleaner.
AMEN -- I tell everyone that asks me about a used boat - get pictures of the engine compartment and the outdrive. From these two (in my opinion) you can tell volumes about everything an owner would claim. Engine runs perfect - and you see rust everywhere, all the paint is off bolts and there is oil/grease-everywhere. Mold is my favorite - Then comes the outdrive - as soon as I see the stainless steel steg protector- run like the wind - if the person hit something to knock the steg off then what else got banged up and mal-aligned. Paint is all scuffed. Props - are they "clean" or dinged and corroded. If you can't take care of the little stuff don't piss on my boots and tell me it's raining and say that everything else has been maintained.

Ok that's my two cents.

3pointstar
Old 06-22-2015, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol i hear that, also its worth 5 minutes of slimmy grimmy before photos lol
Old 06-22-2015, 10:13 PM
Registered

because you old folks don't know how to take pictures to present a boat. My father does the same thing. He is a see one picture, know what it is, go look at it. These guys don't realize 80-90% of the decision is made on the internet through pictures.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:42 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Crappy photos or lack there of, don't list price, leave engine compartment looking like the floor of Lube Stop. I like the 4' high wave jump with bow in the air pics. "Gee the market is tough", wonder why your boat is not selling.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:44 AM
Registered

i like when there is one picture of the boat at dusk.. another when its just about dark of the cockpit with the flash and then another picture of a picture of a polaroid from 1994 when he jumped his buddys wake that he has been keeping in his pocket for 20 years to show everyone he tells he has a boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.