Notices

DTS Trottle Adjusment

Old 07-05-2015, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DTS Trottle Adjusment

When moving throttles forward once in gear there is a hesitation before RPMs pickup. Is this common or is there an adjustment? Don't remember having this issue on old boat.

DTS is 2015 300 Verado's
Old 07-05-2015, 03:26 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

DTS actually works half the speed of cable set ups for throttle plate opening.. The big reason for this is the manufacturer has better control (slower) for how the engine is ran by the end user especially for snap opening acceleration. This also helps decrease warranty issues for the manu on new engines believe it or not along with the manu has better control for improving fuel mileage as well. It seems DTS can produce lag time as even the auto world has been complaining about this.

Do not try to clean (spray) or force open any DTS throttle plates for any DTS apps,

There really is no adjustments that the end user should try to do. Just saying

Last edited by BUP; 07-05-2015 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-05-2015, 04:38 PM
BUP
Banned

Years ago and in OEM marine schools they never brought up about any negatives of having DTS but I notice playing around with a Mercruiser 496 DTS having someone shift (slower going into gear) and move the throttle forward how much slower the throttle plate opened when I watched it compared to a cable throttle & cable shift.

Anyways I found this online to show you..
Watch the full video - its on the auto side but showing exactly what I am talking about.

I could not find anything on the marine side for comparison. But the same applies there to.

https://www.sprintboosterusa.com/t-media.aspx

Last edited by BUP; 07-05-2015 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:46 AM
Registered

Makes sense except on my last DTS system it did not have any lag. Also there is no lag when going in reverse. Makes docking exciting when current or wind are a factor
Old 07-06-2015, 10:44 PM
BUP
Banned

SC combined with DTS engines might cause the lag. It could also be in the control box or the DTS actuator for the lag as well.

Its a 2015 take it back to a OEM Mercury certified Verado dealer. They can scan it and run fuel pressure checks and check all shift actions if you REALLY THINK you have issues and at no change or at least it should be no charge. Just saying.

I will add I have never worked on a Verado app but know a bit about them. Not like Mercruiser apps Just saying.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:21 AM
Registered

Just trying to get some info before I ask a Dealer Only have about 2 months of boating left really don't want to tie boat up at a dealer for weeks, Here in Detroit area there is only 1 Verado dealer that I would trust and always backed up.
Originally Posted by BUP
SC combined with DTS engines might cause the lag. It could also be in the control box or the DTS actuator for the lag as well.

Its a 2015 take it back to a OEM Mercury certified Verado dealer. They can scan it and run fuel pressure checks and check all shift actions if you REALLY THINK you have issues and at no change or at least it should be no charge. Just saying.

I will add I have never worked on a Verado app but know a bit about them. Not like Mercruiser apps Just saying.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:49 AM
Registered

Jerry, what is the manufacturer say'n????
Old 07-07-2015, 06:57 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

manufacturers advice AVOID WRINKLEFACE !
Old 07-07-2015, 10:13 AM
Registered

Have not heard back from them, they text and say they will call and never hear back from them. Getting frustated but what can you do I'TS the MARINE industry. Left message with Mercury last week also, never heard back,

Once they have your money SEE YOU LATER!!!!
Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Jerry, what is the manufacturer say'n????