Notices

Speakers

Old 07-07-2015, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Speakers

Gong to put new speakers in the Daytona. I need 2 - 10 inch subwoofers that can handle 200 watts RMS, 2 - 5 or 6 inch three way speakers that will be mounted in front that can handle 100 watts RMS and will be only doing the upper mids to high freq. 2 - 6 X 9's that can also handle 100 watts RMS and will be doing everything above the subwoofer freq's. watts are per speaker.
Where is the best place to buy what you recommend?
Thanks
Steve.

This boat is costing a mint.
I have already spent more than the boat cost me.
MAJOR DUMB
break out another thou.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:52 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

If you are going high end it is tough to beat JL. Swift audio in Elk Rapids has a nitch in the marine market, I have been to his shop, he is a pro. Anyway he deals in JL if you are up there at all, he seemed to have a lot on the shelf.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:36 AM
Registered

Does he have a website?
I am not going to drive to Elk Rapids for speakers no mater how good the deal.
Thanks
Old 07-08-2015, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

In your case Tinkerer with as many boats as you have it's more like Bust Out Another Ten Thousand! I replaced all the Clarion stuff in the boat with JL Marine stuff I have used it in the trucks Iv'e owned also and never been disappointed.

I have went to Crutchfield many times for my stuff. I think they have a low price guarantee and the one time I had a problem with an amp was simple no questions asked return. You can find stuff slightly cheaper but Crutchfield customer and tech service is very good. If you have a question on setup or install they can usually help. Sometimes they also have scratch and dent items.

http://www.crutchfield.com/c_20/Marine-Audio-GPS.html

Best of luck with the install.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:57 PM
Registered

I have the head unit that came with the boat and it seems to be a decent unit. I have from my own inventory two Infinity 5 channel amps ( two front, two rear and subwoofer output, 50 watts The head unit has front, rear and sub outputs. The amp has high and low pass filters built in and are adjustable. So I will limit the sub to 120 Hz and feed the higher frequency's to the other speakers. 400 watts to two 10 inch subs in boxes and 100 watts to each of the other 4 speakers. I plan on using one amp for the left channel and one for the right. Should sound OK.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Contact Ron Muller at Electronics Unlimited 954-467-2695, he's very knowledgeable about ALL marine electronics & will help you select the proper matching components w/o breaking the bank. Just outfitted my entire Nor-Tech w/ his assistance.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 4,285 Likes on 1,236 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/electronics-291/