Notices

AC Unit freezes up

Old 07-31-2015, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wont always fault into fail safe mode 3 either because it measures temp drop of condense line water and not actual refrigerant charge
Old 07-31-2015, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I will start with a good cleaning. I will have to look through my paperwork to see if I have directions for the unit. Its a Marine Air Systems unit. It does use the R22.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:27 AM
Registered

I agree with cleaning. But for fun maybe it's still frozen from the hard winter y'all had up there.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:52 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me know how it goes. I dock at the crows nest and can help you with it if you need.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:05 PM
Registered

I pulled it all apart and the system was clean. I did straighten out a bunch of the fins on the evaporator coil. Now I just cant get the thing to fire up. I turn the breaker switch on and the panel lights up. Then goes dark. But, when I push the power button nothing happens. I talked to a tech in Buffalo today from a company that sells the make/model system that I have. Sounds like there is just not enough juice to fire up the system. He's also a member of the WNYOPA and willing to take a look at the system once I get in Buffalo this week for the poker run. Talk about great service.. I will let everyone know how it works out.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DBleil89
Let me know how it goes. I dock at the crows nest and can help you with it if you need.
I have the big 36 Outlaw with the 36 prominent on the bow. I keep the boat at Newport Marina on the Ohio which is owned by my family. Feel free to say hi if you ever see me out and about.

Jason
Old 08-02-2015, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to see you still have it. Hows she doin other wise? I still think about that boat often. Don't forget it needs water running through it for the compressor to run - it won't work on the trailer. There's a flow switch senses water flow a bit after the pump turns on.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:59 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

I had a loose wire on the back side of my shore lower connection once.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:40 PM
Registered

Hey Paul. Still have it. Boat is running great with over 500 hours on each motor. I replaced the cockpit cover this year, redid the sunpad last year and put on an overboard discharge for the holding tank the year before. Each year I do some sort of upgrade project. Still need to replace the television, redo the swim platform and upgrade the stereo. We are having a blast with the boat and getting ready to do our third poker run this weekend in Buffalo. Even took it to Florida on vacation last year and got to run around Tampa Bay and the Ft. Lauderdale to Key Biscayne area. You ever get another one?

Normally the water will flow out the system without a problem. I talked to a service tech guy on Sunday from a company that sells those units and he thinks that I'm just not getting enough juice to the system at the marina. If we are still having a problem with it once we get to Buffalo he said he could take a look. Works out that he is involved with the poker run there.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by akaboatman
I agree with cleaning. But for fun maybe it's still frozen from the hard winter y'all had up there.
Heck I just thawed out this past weekend -- finally in Indiana we got some decent HOT weather

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.