Notices

RIP Jo NUNEZ

Old 08-05-2015, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Barbi
My brother died of advance stage IV Thymus Cancer....... Not lung cancer..
Very sorry for your loss. it was always a pleasure to talk to joe.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Barbi
My brother died of advance stage IV Thymus Cancer....... Not lung cancer..
Barbi, sorry for your loss. Very sad day.

I remember the first time I called Pantera and left a message. Jo called me back a few minutes later and I assumed he wanted me to get to the point, so he could get off the phone. Instead, he was genuinely curious about how I liked my new to me boat and talked to me for 15-20 minutes.

I never met Jo, but talked to him plenty of times and he was always very friendly and helpful.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:45 PM
Registered

Thank You all for the kind words..... My brother left us all to fast!
Old 08-05-2015, 02:47 PM
H2X
Registered

Condolences from Germany. I was shocked to hear that. That is so sad. Met Jo a few times. He was a great guy. Sorry for the family.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:01 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Sorry for your loss. Here's a link to the medical term of Thymus.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thymus

The thymus is a specialized primary lymphoid organ of the immune system. Within the thymus, T cells or T lymphocytes mature. T cells are critical to the adaptive immune system, where the body adapts specifically to foreign invaders. The thymus is composed of two identical lobes and is located anatomically in the anterior superior mediastinum, in front of the heart and behind the sternum. Histologically, each lobe of the thymus can be divided into a central medulla and a peripheral cortex which is surrounded by an outer capsule. The cortex and medulla play different roles in the development of T-cells. Cells in the thymus can be divided into thymic stromal cells and cells of hematopoietic origin (derived from bone marrow resident hematopoietic stem cells). Developing T-cells are referred to as thymocytes and are of hematopoietic origin. Stromal cells include epithelial cells of the thymic cortex and medulla, and dendritic cells.

The thymus provides an inductive environment for development of T cells from hematopoietic progenitor cells. In addition, thymic stromal cells allow for the selection of a functional and self-tolerant T cell repertoire. Therefore, one of the most important roles of the thymus is the induction of central tolerance.

The thymus is largest and most active during the neonatal and pre-adolescent periods. By the early teens, the thymus begins to atrophy and thymic stroma is mostly replaced by adipose (fat) tissue. Nevertheless, residual T lymphopoiesis continues throughout adult life.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

So sad to hear of Jo's passing. We worked some boat shows together back in the late 90's and even though we represented competing brands, Jo was always approachable and never bad mouthed another company's product. Pantera fought hard to stay in the game and Jo did his best to keep things alive...it's sad to find out he lost his battle with cancer. RIP and Godspeed.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

RIP Jo....Thoughts and prayers to the family. Jo was a good guy to talk to always answered all my questions.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My deepest condolences to Pepe and family for your untimely loss.

Jo will always be remembered RIP.
Old 08-05-2015, 05:13 PM
Registered

From my mere thought surfacing of buying a pantera 36 I get a random phone call from Miami. I go on a whim and answer it. It was Jo. He somehow caught wind I was a serious potential buyer for one of his boats. We chatted for a few hours, several times for a few weeks. Learned as much as you can about a person via phone, was filled in on panteras history rather well and brought up to speed to pretty much know every screw, zip tie and fiberglass strand in my boat. He wasn't satisfied until he knew I was. There is nothing more precious that you can give another person than time. His time was cut short. I definitely appreciate every second he spent on the phone with me. Answering all my questions about this boat and what was in store for the future. Rest easy buddy and Godspeed!

Last edited by DocktorsOarders; 08-05-2015 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-05-2015, 06:49 PM
Registered

My thoughts are with you all.
What a great rough water boat handler!
Pepe and Linda, keep looking up, he is there!
RIP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.