Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Lunch run to Michigan City September 21st? >

Lunch run to Michigan City September 21st?

Notices

Lunch run to Michigan City September 21st?

Old 09-17-2002, 08:13 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DOCTOR DAVE
lets all launch at 6am.....i love to see the sun come up, besides that we could stop 8 or 10 times on the way down to warm up and wipe the tears out of our ears. maybe we could buzz the fish guys a few times, stop at the cove for a swim, stop at grand mere for a beer, stop at new buff to wake everyone up, and still be in mich city early! beside the beach property owner in st joe would love us
That's Dave all right..."You can't say you've been drinking all day unless you start early in the morning"...

And maybe that early we could drink beer at Grand Mere on THE BEACH The brew police up that early?

ps....Dave, you probably wouldn't generate any tears if you turned that hat around, gee dogg.
Old 09-17-2002, 10:43 PM
Registered

Cashbrain,
You haven't met any of these guys yet. They’ve got some killer boats on the east side of the puddle! They may come over here for a run if you promise to let them BUZZ the pier. LOL!!!

Kaama,
I'm not in charge of anything. I was thinking out loud, "typing"! Just because you guys all want to go to the same place at the same time is not my fault. I called Matey's and they say no problem handling a crowd. I told them I would give them an idea of how many by Thursday.

Meeting at Noon Chicago time sounds good to me. If we have bad weather would we want to run Sunday or the following Saturday. Heck I will run any day until the lake freezes over. What does everyone else think?

Smiling Bob,
What happened to all of the North point guys? If they don't run you could always trailer down here.

Dan
Old 09-17-2002, 10:59 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

You guys sound like a bunch of politicians
"I'm not in charge of anything, it wasn't me..."
"I didn't say anything, that was just a fart..."

So, we have a time and a place. Noon Chicago time at Matey's.

And we could have a rain date, Sunday or the following weekend. But, come on, this is MI/IL, it's always nice, sunny, and hot, right????

Now, we just need a count. I emailed you Dan about some #'s.
So far from St Joe:
Kaama
Doc Dave
Rocketman
32fever
(5 more boats I will contact, I'd guess 2-3 may join)

South Haven
Quietstorm???
Old 09-17-2002, 11:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Candyman

I'm going to come down from South Haven and try and meet up the other boats at St. Joe. From what I understand, everyone will meet between 6:00 AM and 12:00 noon. If we stay on Michigan time I won't be late.

Kaama? Doc Dave? Mark? Anyone? Who wants to narrow those times down (If we stay on MI time) I think I can make it. Watching the sun come up may be pushing it.
Old 09-18-2002, 01:08 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Well, It's almost 2AM Wedsenday and I just got in from my shop and working on the boat. I'm whipped! We were able to get the oi/water lines hooked up---what a plumbing nightmare! Wait till you guys see the plumbing racket going on under my engine hatch---whew!

Anyway gang, I think Super V (28'Challenger) and Dyno (31' Sonic) may be coming down for the run to Michigan City as well. Not sure if they're boating down from Holland or trailering to St. Joe and launching from there or what---I will find out.

Mark/32Fever, Believe me, I will tell any boaters that I know of to show up for this thing.

I'm hitting the rack---I'm tired----keep seeing Areoquip braided lines everytime I blink now. Tired look------>

Last edited by KAAMA; 09-18-2002 at 08:13 AM.
Old 09-18-2002, 01:31 AM
check freak

Thumbs up Michigan city

Kamma,

Hey I met you at the Hardy party. My name is Andy, I was with Wet Vette (Craig) and a couple other guys. Anyway, MC is my home port. No problems with noise, speed or anything for that matter. Matey's is a pretty big place, it should be no prob to fit all these people for lunch. There is a huge deck outside if there isn't enough room inside. I will try to round up the Northern Indiana troops, maybe we will meet up with you guys where it is by boat or by car. There is gas in MC at B&E (the Sea Ray dealer on the river) and at the basin. I think the basin is open 24-7, pay at the pump. Please don't hold me to that though. They should be open to at least 4 or 5 at both places. I look forward to seeing at meeting everyone.

Old 09-18-2002, 05:48 AM
Senior Member # 68
Charter Member

Well, If you guys are leaving at 6,then I guess I better cut my fishing short and take the down riggers off and get them stored away,and start heading south at about 5:30.By the time I hit Grand Mere Y'all should come flying by me
Steve
Old 09-18-2002, 08:01 AM
Registered

Dan(CandyMan):
I may be trailer down if none of the Northpoint guys start speaking up. Any suggestions of some decent places to put down south? I am from up on the boarder, almost a cheese head but not quite!
Old 09-18-2002, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Check Freak,

Thanks for the heads-up. Is this "basin" fueling point in the Port Authority Marina? Also, is Matey's that resturaunt thats near the RR tracks?---cool place. I assume that everyone would park along the wall near the CG Station then where they normally hold the MC Boat Show---right?

Steve,

Down riggers??? So you're going to be in a fishing boat vs your Baja?

What's the weather conditions calling for on Saturday?
Old 09-18-2002, 09:45 AM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Kamma and Doc, pick me up a New Buff. Not sure yet if we are going to put in fri night or sat morning. I have never been to that ramp or area so I want to get an early start. What time do you think your going through there. I like doc's thinking maybe we'll just come up there. Already made the better half made.When I talked about going back around with some of you and staying the night in Chicago I heard the " s " word shopping and changed my mind and told work I would come in sunday. O well. Two of the guys I work with are going to be fishing in MC and said they would give me a yell on the radio so I can stop by, I said that was cool and just showed them the Doctors thread. Well guys are you all in to practice making torpedo runs. lol Back to work. Doug

Quick Reply: Lunch run to Michigan City September 21st?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.