Opinions on 2000 Sunsation 288... >

Opinions on 2000 Sunsation 288...

Notices

Opinions on 2000 Sunsation 288...

Old 09-01-2015, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by 93 shooter
asking your option,is there a big difference in the ride in rough water (ie: lake Erie)in non pad compared to pad. assume that baja's 27' do not have a pad.i also have been looking for a 288,but have not taken a ride in one yet
The "pad" is essentially a flat spot on the back of the hull. In rough water it won't land as smoothly as a true vee. When running the pad gives the boat some stability and boat rides faster when sitting on the pad. Velocity uses a pad in all of its hulls. It never bothered me in my 32 Sunsation and that was an Atlantic Ocean boat its whole life. When Sunsation went to the twin step they dropped the pad for 2 years (2007-08) and then it has been back in their 32 hull ever since so they must feel it adds something positive.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:20 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SC288
Not sure what year 288 JRider had....sounds like he has some good experience running a 288 on the East Coast. I ran my 99' 288 on the South End of Lake Michigan for 3 years and it did pretty well in decently rough / snotty water for it's size....then again it is just a Lake right? There are some other options to consider like the 25' or 28' AT, 28' Pantera etc. etc....
I will reprhrase, the 288 (or any pad V of that size) will hammer you in big water. You can attempt to sugar coat it all you want...it's a pad V, they are faster at a cost.