Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Panty dropper charged with running from cops. >

Panty dropper charged with running from cops.

Notices

Panty dropper charged with running from cops.

Old 09-02-2015, 08:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,129 Likes on 477 Posts

You never run from the authorities in Thailand.
Many of the small islands in my area are owned by the Royal Thai Navy and on certain days, they do naval exercises in the area. I was headed out to an island with a few friends recently and saw a naval boat 2-300 yards of my starboard bow and didn't think anything more. Probably 70' long and not fast, even compared to my slow boat. He had a couple of lights flashing and I just kept on running.

No further warnings like sirens, horns or similar, they fired a shot across my bow! Some of our crew thought it was funny but knowing how Thai authorities deal with situations, I damn near s*** myself. Slowed down, hands up in the customary Thai greeting fashion (wai) and a smart u-turn. Lesson learnt, see a naval vessel with a light on, travel in the opposite direction.

RR
Old 09-02-2015, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 571 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I`m loving these stories!

I have none of my own ..in a boat.. maybe this weekend?
Thought it was you that had a good one. Maybe it was mild thunder.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Up here in Suffolk county I have ran from many cops, as long as you don't turn around they can't even assume you saw them. It has worked in the past for me. But I will tell you this, the coast guard could care less. I was almost sunk by a mid size cutter. Fully armed and ready to ram me. I did stop for them lol
Old 09-02-2015, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every year we go out to see the air show in the Milwaukee harbor. For some reason they make the entire harbor a no wake zone. I think it's more american government citizen control BS. Using the south shore launch I see no boats anchored until way north past the river openings. Probably a 20 min idle. Not wanting to idle for 10 minutes to get to the river (reason i know how long it takes to idle this distance is because I lost a impeller tonight), and knowing it's a no wake, I hammer it to the river. Unknown to me, (that's my story) from behind off my starboard side is a coastie. Once off plane he flies up and informs me the the harbor is no wake. I simply respond "i didn't know". You think i can get away with this every year? If you know the harbor you would know how ridiculous this rule is!!
Old 09-02-2015, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Is it just me, or would anyone else's wife not go out on your with you if you named it 'pantry dropper'?
Old 09-02-2015, 11:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,129 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Is it just me, or would anyone else's wife not go out on your with you if you named it 'pantry dropper'?
That's sound like a damn good reason to rename my boat 'Panty Dropper'.........!!
Old 09-02-2015, 11:54 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I've got a no wake story. Late 1980's in S Fla , customer says his neighbor sold his house on intracoastal and was giving away '78 Nova 210xl. The boat looked and sounded good , so I arranged to pick it up the next day. I made it to within a 1/4 mile of the ramp/marina and it chucked the belts. As I reached the no wake zone , temp was going up and I could feel it losing power. The current was ripping , so I kept it at about 1200 rpm.
The Marine Patrol immediately started heading my way in a new 27 Rabco w / a pair of 200 Mercs. I waived them along side and told them I couldnt slow down or it would stall . The officer said "put it in neutral , skipper , now" ! and it shut off instantly.
They began side towing me , but apparently the rookie officer missed the knot tying class and the BOW line came loose, causing my boat to do a 180 deg turn , leaving us stern to stern like two dogs.
Well , the stern line tightened up so tight they couldnt get it loose. The noise and destruction that ensued when he put the boat in gear with my old 188 drive between his props almost made the new guy jump ship.
The officer at the helm started yelling " cut the line , cut the line " but they couldnt find a knife. I found one after about five minutes of searching ( and hearing my drive grinding up and down those mercs) and cut myself loose.
They didnt even look back or say anything. My turd started and made it to the ramp and got the hell home.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

I never understood why they harass boaters so heavily especially the performance boaters. We're the people spending hundreds of dollars on gas. Going out to the bars, going to restaurants. Spending sll the money... Il other than jealousy who gives a ****... We were on a buddies boat a few weeks ago and we were leaving a bay we were anchored at. It's a beautiful hustler. We see coasties driving in a circle waiting for us. Once they tie up, we had to remind them for bumpers, put towels down etc. fast forward 15 minutes. Asking for life jackets... Hand out 6 lift line jackets.... APPRENTLY lifeline are not coastguard approved and not safe enough for their inspection, so we start ripping out orange cheap ones and THOSEEEEE are OK. Like wtf. I know for certain I'm never going back to sodus bay
Old 09-03-2015, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Knock on wood, I've never had any negative run ins with water patrol. About the only time I even see them is on holidays. As far as the no wake zone goes, Some guys don't use their heads. There's always "that guy" when we go out that has no clue what no wake means and rocks everyone else's world. The size of the boat doesn't matter either, some of those seadoos at 10 mph can make a pretty dang good wave. As far as the original story goes, I'd say jealousy had a lot to do with it.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Worst story of all no booze allowed on boat unless it has permanent bed, stove, and ****ter in Ontario

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.