Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
tips for your friends on "how not to be THAT GUY when invited on a friends boat" >

tips for your friends on "how not to be THAT GUY when invited on a friends boat"

Notices

tips for your friends on "how not to be THAT GUY when invited on a friends boat"

Old 09-03-2015, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just say sorry I don't make the rules I just enforce them. That way I can't be blamed.😀
Old 09-03-2015, 10:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
lol...this

let me tell that to my lady. Quick way to become single.
Single? Hell, I'd be dead!
Old 09-03-2015, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ALL my friends are "boaters", so they get it! I would NEVER demand, ask or imply that guests need to pay for ANYTHING! They are GUESTS! I'm already going out, the gas will get burned with or without them. I ask friends to come along because they are my FRIENDS.... It's a boat, things get dirty, learn how to clean.... My 18 month old granddaughter stands in the middle of the boat, GM takes off swimmer diaper, she pees right in the middle of the boat. I LAUGHED! Things get dirty, learn to clean.... Rant over.....

Oh, and as for the wife (don't have one, have a GF), but the boat is half hers! She can make her own rules....
Old 09-03-2015, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by racinfast002
happily married for more than 3 years so far. She loves the boat, just took a little learning on what is/is not appropriate boat behavior.
There is no statute of limitations for the repercussions of the "sit your ass on the dock" comment.... They're coming, 3 years is a drop in the bucket in a vengeful woman's mind. Ye been warned.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:35 PM
Registered

I had a friends old lady on a the boat about 8 years ago. were running about 50 mph, when I look over, and this skank is light up a cig in the passenger seat. I about had a stroke.

the worst part was she had no clue what the fuss was about. I gave her the option of putting the cig out immediately or getting thrown overboard. My buddy tried to defuse the situation, which only pissed me off more. funny part was neither of them smoke in there own vehicles.

Her and my buddy got off the boat asap. I don't talk to either of them to this day. They can both kiss my azz.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 568 Likes on 340 Posts

I find myself boating alone frequently. No need for this big ass boat. May be time for something smaller and faster.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:19 AM
Registered

not divorced yet but who knows what the future holds. Married 13 years now.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Wow even as a newbie that is a very basic list. Too bad society has come to the point where common sense now needs to be taught!
Old 09-08-2015, 10:59 PM
Registered

Tryng to fix that problem by upgrading to a 140 mph Skater. Limited seats and crazy ass speed weed out a lot of people!!!