BUI in michigan... what to expect has anyone had one

Notices

BUI in michigan... what to expect has anyone had one

Old 09-07-2015, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUI in michigan... what to expect has anyone had one

UI in michigan... what to expect has anyone had one
Well as the topic says I got a BUI this weekend in Michigan from the DNR I blew a .11 they arrested me and i spent the night in county jail. friends of mine were able to take the boat back to the trailer. I was informed that it will not affect my driver's license as far as driving a vehicle goes but I am Not 100% sure I'm looking for advice from someone who has been there and for a heads up on what to expect next thank you
Old 09-07-2015, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 410 Likes on 183 Posts

I'm not sure about the driver license I think it does,but PM Smarty on here he will know.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What lake?
Old 09-07-2015, 07:02 PM
Registered

I think this year it was just changed from .10 to .08 as the legal limit. I would not assume it will not affect your driver's license. Pony up for a lawyer and if you have no priors learn from your mistake and move on.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

In Florida a BUI definitely affects your license like a DUI would on the street.

Michigan BUI Defense Lawyer

In addition to operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol, boating under the influence is also illegal in Michigan. You can be convicted of a BUI if your BAC limit is .10 or above and you are operating a boat or personal watercraft, such as a jet ski. The penalties for a BUI conviction are similar to a conviction for a DUI, which means that you can be sentenced to jail time, receive fines, and have your driver’s license suspended. Michigan’s Implied Consent law also applies to BUIs.

It is important to understand that being on the water can affect an operator’s impairment more than operating a motor vehicle. The wind, sun, engine noise, vibration, and motion of the boat can all lead to increased impairment. Boating is also seen as a social event, which leads people to not truly think through the consequences of drinking while boating.

Last edited by Jupiter Sunsation; 09-07-2015 at 08:22 PM.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:41 AM
Registered

A BUI charge and convections could prevent you from coming to Canada for business or vacation. In Canada, our DWI Laws are part of our Criminal Code. I know, its extreme, but we read all the time in the paper about people who have been turned back or arrested at the border for having a DWI charge on their record.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

what is you,re other screen name ? this sounds familiar.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Clayfan
A BUI charge and convections could prevent you from coming to Canada for business or vacation. In Canada, our DWI Laws are part of our Criminal Code. I know, its extreme, but we read all the time in the paper about people who have been turned back or arrested at the border for having a DWI charge on their record.
Very doubtful they would arrest you at the border. You will most likely will not be admitted to Canada...but arrested, No.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

I`m no lawyer but blowing a .11 with a .10 limit. I`d argue accuracy of equipment. I did stay at a Holiday Inn :-)
Old 09-08-2015, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I`m no lawyer but blowing a .11 with a .10 limit. I`d argue accuracy of equipment. I did stay at a Holiday Inn :-)
Too bad the limit is .08

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.