Szolack’s New Skater 40 SS Tested—And Sold

Notices

Szolack’s New Skater 40 SS Tested—And Sold

Old 10-24-2015, 11:46 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,754 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Default Szolack’s New Skater 40 SS Tested—And Sold

At least Ron Szolack got to drive his latest new boat before he sold it, http://speedonthewater.com/new-boats...ested-and-sold
Old 10-24-2015, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

There's a couple of guys in the performance boat world that are buying new boats and always seem to be buying trade ins from various manufactures, running them for short periods of time and then selling them. Can someone please explain the financial structuring of these deals? I know most of the guys like Szolack have the money to dabble with this stuff, but I don't care how much money you have, nobody would just keep moving boats and doing these deals if they were loosing their a$$.

Last edited by 302Sport; 10-24-2015 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:54 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

If they kept cutting down these boats pretty soon there won't be anything left
Old 10-24-2015, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
There's a couple of guys in the performance boat world that are buying new boats and always seem to be buying trade ins from various manufactures, running them for short periods of time and then selling them. Can someone please explain the financial structuring of these deals? I know most of the guys like Szolack have the money to dabble with this stuff, but I don't care how much money you have, nobody would just keep moving boats and doing these deals if they were loosing their a$$.
My only assumption would be that they have the cash to front the build, then a guy that needs financed is ahead because he has a completed piece of collateral. So in turn it's easier for them to obtain financing. And I assume he has to be making a little on the deal. I am with you nobody throws money away that easily. Well I guess it depends on who is building the boat, or claims to be
Old 10-24-2015, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

I know that it's common for guys to start the build process and have somebody step in who buys the boat because they want it right then. But, I guess what I am asking is are these people who are building a couple of boats a year basically getting the boat at cost just to get more inventory out there and push more boats out the door??
Old 10-24-2015, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

Looks like they launched in Holland , great looking Skater!!
Old 10-24-2015, 02:57 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
I know that it's common for guys to start the build process and have somebody step in who buys the boat because they want it right then. But, I guess what I am asking is are these people who are building a couple of boats a year basically getting the boat at cost just to get more inventory out there and push more boats out the door??
Its no different than regular dealer having a spec boat built. PBC has done it with Outerlimits and Cigs.
Old 10-24-2015, 03:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a beauty! Congratulations and best wishes to the new owner.
Old 10-24-2015, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 33 Posts

these boats take a long time to build from the initial deposit to it floating
this is done in lots of other markets,,,,
planes,helicopters,cars,ect
of anything with long build times and pre sales of a limited quanity
as there is always some1 not wanting to wait for new build
and btw......... beautiful boat
Old 10-24-2015, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts

You can always sell any product, no matter what it is, faster if it's in front of the customer. They can see it. touch it. drive it. And don't have to wait a year to get it. And ALL manufactures of Any product will give you a better deal if you buy in quantity. Look at Sam's Club or Costco.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.