Notices

Challenger Boats

Old 09-20-2002, 07:50 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 28 Challenger that raced in the Great Lakes Series (and won it's class) was called "Motion Marine" and was run by the owner of Motion Marine (Dave Dickman) and his friend (who own's the boat). Stock (well, mostly) Merc 454 mags (the F.I. 385 horse motors) it would run just under 80 mph (by design, they didn't want to go faster so they would not have to change classes). Dave is a friend of mine (and an occasional parts and service supplier!!) and he loves the way that boat handles.

SuperV from OSO also runs a 28 Challenger with a pair of Team Chaos tweeked 454 motors in it and will run about 80 mph any day of the week. It has neck snapping acceleration from about 30 mph on up to 80. Unbelievable!!! Just ask Crazyhorse!!!!

As far as I know those molds are still here in Michigan somwehre (Kalkaska perhaps??). Level 10 only pulled 2 boats from those molds as far as I know. One is for sale at this time. VERY nice boat I might add.

Dwight, how did the testing go last weekend??? See any positive results?? You can I.M. me if you want.

Mike
Old 09-21-2002, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike, Where is one for sale at? I have a buddy that might be in the market!

Brad
Old 09-21-2002, 10:32 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Brad, as far as I know, the Level 10 that runs out of the same marina as Dyno and SuperV is for sale (Great lakes Marina in Muskegon, MI). Stock.....330's I believe. Or you might contact SuperV, he's been talking about selling lately. For the life of mje I can't remember the name of the guy with the Level 10 though. I'm sure Dyno knows.
Old 09-21-2002, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

LEVEL 10'S owner is ron lamier(sp), sorry no phone #, he lives in rockford, mi. ask BGIII, bill gibson
Old 09-21-2002, 08:24 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Originally posted by SABER28
LEVEL 10'S owner is ron lamier(sp), sorry no phone #, he lives in rockford, mi. ask BGIII, bill gibson
Yup. Ron Lemair (sp?). Owns Kent manufacturing.....Kent Conveyor....Kent ??? Something like that.
Old 09-22-2002, 07:45 AM
Registered

Dwight,
Thanks for the welcome, and yes we hope to do well in the Bahamas. Our Challenger is running great and we are expecting a good run. Zero Cavity is in P4 and Doc's team and we at Team Deranged have "this thing" going on between us and them, plus my girlfriend, really wants me to beat the two dentist... (inside story) So we are really looking forward to the next two races with Dr. Santiago and Dr. Ochoa. Stay tuned...