Notices

IMCO SCX Upgrade

Old 12-12-2015, 05:24 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SecondWind
A few more...
I saw your new drive at Eddie's. He has my 525's doing a rebuild. He said you wouldn't have any more drive problems. I would love to beef up my 525's, but can't build motors and buy drives. Best of luck with your new drive.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Bino
I saw your new drive at Eddie's. He has my 525's doing a rebuild. He said you wouldn't have any more drive problems. I would love to beef up my 525's, but can't build motors and buy drives. Best of luck with your new drive.
Bino,
Thanks for the words of encouragement. We picked the boat up last night. The new drive looks great, heavy duty. We saw your Cig, beautiful boat! My girlfriend brought her three Boxers with us and they were running around the shop as Eddie and Travis were talking our ears off about boats and dogs, good times!
Old 12-12-2015, 01:01 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
When the video started, we were running about 50 or so. Just after the camera turns around, I started to squeeze on it. It's hard to tell because of all the wind noise. If you watch the rooster tail, you will see it start to come up. I ran up to about 95 on that run. We were headed back in and it was cold, so we made it quick so we could get back in.
Eddie
My brother just bought an SCX for his 26 DCB, doesn't have it installed yet, anxious to see how it works and holds up. It looked like it was working well in the video.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja170
I heard that. I am always thinking the the back of my head since I have a single and still run the XR upper gear train in my IMCO SC upper I may have to get a tow. AND I don't have good cell coverage on a lot of the lake we have a house on. I have a handheld baofeng VHF radio though fortunately that I can get a tow from a couple of the marinas on the lake. If I had the money, I would be running an SCX upper with the -3 SC lower I have now and also be making about 150 more HP. I would love to wake my boat up like that sometime.
The standered scx will not work with a -3 short SC lower. You have to have IMCO custom make/machine you an upper that will fit the -3 lower. If I was a boat owner who needed to run a -3, I would just order the scx4 and spacer down. I only know this from experience, I just put a SCX on my boat that accommodates the -3SC lower. I should have just ordered the SCX4 with the stronger lower and used a spacer to get back down to a good working X demension.

Here are some pictures of my machined, or really it was a prototype for the SCX4.

The SCX is Worth the money tho, I hated going through drives.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]548723[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]548724[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]548725[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails IMCO SCX Upgrade-img_3254.jpg   IMCO SCX Upgrade-img_3256.jpg   IMCO SCX Upgrade-img_3184.jpg  

Old 01-30-2016, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GPM,

Did your brother ever get his SCX installed on his DCB26 would like to hear how it turned out if so.

Thanks-JP
Old 01-30-2016, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Hey Eddie, you don't look anything like what you sound like on the phone.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After a lot of time pricing I recently purchased a complete imco scx upper and lower from Shane baker at fibertek and he was by far the cheapest and most knowledgable on this drive upgrade he saved me several thousand dollars over anyone elses advertised price !