Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands >

Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands

Notices

Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands

Old 12-15-2015, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by phughes69
Wayne, didnt that kid "ferrari style" own this boat before and he was going off about how this boat was on the show?
Also what are the little indicators under the speedo and tach for?
Yes he did.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab kv
It will be at least a year before the hull would be going to Dave.
Would most likely go in the same slot Brian's Vice edition was in, so a camera would only pick up that corner.
The beauty in the opposite corner would be out of frame
I will personally keep my eye on it....
Old 12-15-2015, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Nick
I was thinking if you would ever be interested. You should do a Scarab KV38's get together. Have people bring there's from all over the world. That would be really cool. Have the get together maybe in the Great Lakes?
It would be pretty cool if Mr. Johnson was able to attend and get behind the wheel again.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab kv
hey guys, would anyone have any interest in a time lapse video of the restoration?
Been putting some thought to the idea and called dave to see how he would feel about a camera in his shop during his portion of the project, due to some of his customers wanting to keep projects under wraps until they unveil the finished product.
He said he's always wanted to do something like that, but was waiting for the right project.

Any thoughts?
yes
Old 12-15-2015, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts

Video would be cool. You could also contact speedboat magazine. They are looking for restoration projects and you'd get the cover as part of their deal. Details on their forum on how to submit project articles. I've subscribed to Excellence magazine for years, have every copy of the magazine from beginning to now. Its a Porsche specific magazine. They did an article on the Risky Business 928. A guy spent years searching for a on screen car from the movie. He found one and restored it. Think this was my favorite article out of all the articles so far.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:29 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 32fever
Can't wait to see the big one at Boyne....just remember the fenders and lines this time! LOL!
One of my finer moments
Nothing worse than looking stupid when you're try'n to be cool

Tell your buddy the Mini Me is in Dave's building for the winter.
Didn't think we would have enough room at the time, but could've pulled it in forward between the bows of the KVs
Old 12-15-2015, 12:38 PM
Registered

Wayne, be careful with the compass. My boat stays outside in the cold for the winter and for some odd reason, the glass on my compass broke and spider webbed and the direction is now completely wrong. I have no idea why it is pointing in the wrong direction. I never even noticed mine to see it is has the Wellcraft logo on the card.
Now you know which direction you came from
All kidding aside, that's a bummer.
Being a block building with concrete floors, I keep the shop at 50° so everything stays dry.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:55 PM
Registered

Wayne, didnt that kid "ferrari style" own this boat before and he was going off about how this boat was on the show?
Yes, unfortunately we have something in common.
The files that came with the boat had magazine articles about him, the boat and his big adventures.
I generally try to refrain from posting negative about someone, but......O M F G!!!!
The guy is a pathological liar. Every article is a very different variation of the same stories. Can't believe the writers didn't look into his claims before putting things to print.
He seriously needs to be biotch slapped into reality.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:57 PM
Registered

Those are Bennett trim indicators
Attached Images  
Old 12-15-2015, 01:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JetJock
.I ALREADY HAVE FIRST DIBBS on STAR 2 if Wayne ever decides to sell....which I doubt he ever will. However the next "barn find" Vice Scarab will be my next purchase!
My son may have something to say about that.
He's taken an interest into all this history and searching ever since I tracked down the season 5 boat when it was abandoned in North Beach.
Between him and my daughter laying claim on the Mini, I may have to start looking over my shoulder.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.