Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands >

Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands

Notices

Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands

Old 12-08-2015, 06:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck with your project, brings back a lot of memories, I did the glass and paint work on Tom J, Miami vice scarab you had mentioned in earlier post, am also involved in the rigging and rehab of the Betty Cook Scarab, my name C.Hefke is signed on the port lower rear of boat before the transom if that boat is still around. I herd it had had a couple of homes since Tom sold it some years back, I did the job back in 2002.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:09 PM
Registered

Congratulations on your Miami Vice Scarab. Such an awesome looking iconic boat. The one episode that features quite a bit of the Scarab KV38 which happens to be one of my favorite is called Payback. There's another Scarab in that episode as well the 3 model.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts

I remember episode story lines first and then boat scenes. I'm also not a fan of season 3 and beyond. I rarely watch after season 2 episodes. In season 3 Michael Mann left the show and was replaced by Dick Wolf of Law and Order fame. He ruined the show.
Old 12-09-2015, 12:49 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Make sure to start a thread in the Classic Offshore section when resto begins.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for hanging out in the kiddie pool, it was a great place to meet you two. Congratulations and it is a cool story so far. I am looking forward to more and to seeing you at Boyne Thunder.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Canuck B Crazy
I remember episode story lines first and then boat scenes. I'm also not a fan of season 3 and beyond. I rarely watch after season 2 episodes. In season 3 Michael Mann left the show and was replaced by Dick Wolf of Law and Order fame. He ruined the show.
I agree with you on season 1 and 2. Loved them, then they were just not the same. I never knew the reason though. I just figured the story line was getting old. They sure started getting way to slap stick.

Congratulations on the boat. I can't wait to see the restoration and what your documentation quest uncovers. kudos to you.
Old 12-09-2015, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by phughes69
Wayne, do you and Randy know where all the TV show boats are?
Three for sure.
Ours, Star 1 and the season 5 boat that was abandoned in Miami. There's a boat rotting away in Oahu that has the proper hull stripe from the show and season 5 deck stripe, but can't confirm if it has race hatches or padded hatch.
If it had a padded Hatch, it would've been Don's loaner that was used in "Like a Hurricane" when he and Sheena slid across the hatch into the boat. Only time a boat ever appeared on screen with registration numbers.
A friend of mine worked for the original guy in the islands who bought it from the show, but he couldn't remember details about the hatch.
One way or the other, it seen screen time.
I'm chasing a lead on one I was told about at Volo.
If it's legit, it could be one of the 87's from season 3/4.
Neither are accounted for.
Old 12-09-2015, 05:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phughes69
What does this mean Wayne?
I was told the 377 was slated to be discontinued when Vice gave the nod.
The 377 was given cosmetic changes and renamed KV (KAAMA Vice) in recognition of Betty's KAAMA drive and Vice.
The first two star boats were kind of cross overs. The still had the 377 cabins and other features. Our hull is stamped as a 377.
After the Excalibur purchase, there were two long decks under the same roof competing against each other for market share.
The Excalibur got the axe.
This is just my take on it, but with the 20% surge in sales after Vice went with Scarab, they couldn't kill the golden goose.

Last edited by scarab kv; 12-09-2015 at 05:56 PM.
Old 12-09-2015, 05:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE
My family owns the Miami River property that was leased out to Moby Marine. Moby Marine did all the stunt and salvage work for Miami Vice. There was also an episode filmed at our property involving a shootout with the guys running all over the tugs/salvage boats in the water. The original Chris Craft Scorpion and a Chris Cat were stored on the property. My love of performance boating began when I would crawl all over the boats in the yard! In 1986 I bought my first house in Coconut Grove. We would see "Switek" all the time frequenting many of the late night establishments!! Good times and great memories!!
Nice.
Any pics from those days?
Any behind the scenes stories?
Old 12-09-2015, 06:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by chefke
Good luck with your project, brings back a lot of memories, I did the glass and paint work on Tom J, Miami vice scarab you had mentioned in earlier post, am also involved in the rigging and rehab of the Betty Cook Scarab, my name C.Hefke is signed on the port lower rear of boat before the transom if that boat is still around. I herd it had had a couple of homes since Tom sold it some years back, I did the job back in 2002.
The boat is owned by Craig in NC.
From what I understand, it's on display at his families car dealership.
Do you have any pics from the restoration?
Looking for a closeup of the deck stripes at the tip of the bow pre restoration . Mine are faded away and looks like they would've ended differently than the stripes on Star one after the restoration.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.