Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands >

Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands

Notices

Miami Vice season 2 Scarab changes hands

Old 12-08-2015, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

So there were a lot of scenes with the boats in the episodes? I only remember opening scenes.
Only thing that struck me were the cars in the show.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:38 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
So there were a lot of scenes with the boats in the episodes? I only remember opening scenes.
Only thing that struck me were the cars in the show.
As the show went on the boats involvement got less and less with the last season only having what amounts to several minutes total or something to that affect.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 12-08-2015, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I always liked the "The Great McCarthey" episode. Didn't they install "turbo's" or something like that for the boat race to bimini and back? I also seem to remember that Tubs was telling McCarthey that he had the wrong pitch props as Crockett was running around the bay in the Scarab.

MDS
Old 12-08-2015, 12:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

^^^^ Yes, Yes and no. Great episode, but in season one they used a 39 Chris Craft stinger, wasn't until season 2 they used Scarabs.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

My family owns the Miami River property that was leased out to Moby Marine. Moby Marine did all the stunt and salvage work for Miami Vice. There was also an episode filmed at our property involving a shootout with the guys running all over the tugs/salvage boats in the water. The original Chris Craft Scorpion and a Chris Cat were stored on the property. My love of performance boating began when I would crawl all over the boats in the yard! In 1986 I bought my first house in Coconut Grove. We would see "Switek" all the time frequenting many of the late night establishments!! Good times and great memories!!
Old 12-08-2015, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by mikesufka
I always liked the "The Great McCarthey" episode. Didn't they install "turbo's" or something like that for the boat race to bimini and back? I also seem to remember that Tubs was telling McCarthey that he had the wrong pitch props as Crockett was running around the bay in the Scarab.

MDS
I have the DVDs and think that is my favorite episode. Second favorite is Calderone's Return. Crockett and Tubbs go to the Bahamas. Excellent scenes heading to the Bahamas. But the scenes heading to the Bahamas are in the Chris Craft stinger. Cool, but not as cool as the Scarab.

Another good episode with boat scenes is Where the Buses Don't Run.

Last edited by Canuck B Crazy; 12-08-2015 at 12:55 PM. Reason: added where the buses don't run
Old 12-08-2015, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Canuck B Crazy
I have the DVDs and think that is my favorite episode. Second favorite is Calderone's Return. Crockett and Tubbs go to the Bahamas. Excellent scenes heading to the Bahamas. But the scenes heading to the Bahamas are in the Chris Craft stinger. Cool, but not as cool as the Scarab.

Another good episode with boat scenes is Where the Buses Don't Run.
It drives me nuts showing them coming back from the Bahamas. How did the steering wheel get over there?!
Old 12-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Awesome project, can't wait to follow the restoration.
Old 12-08-2015, 01:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Looking forward to seeing this project come together...Lord knows you have the best on it with GlassDave involved.
Old 12-08-2015, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mikesufka

MDS
Yeah, that episode cracks me up. Crocket says he's having his guy "fit a turbo to the mill". And I'm sorry, but a 50' Cary is hardly a race boat that's going to beat all of the other boats that are in that race! I remember a Scarab III, and various others

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.