Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
LOTO: Best Recreational or the Top Deadliest Lake in the USA ? >

LOTO: Best Recreational or the Top Deadliest Lake in the USA ?

Notices

LOTO: Best Recreational or the Top Deadliest Lake in the USA ?

Old 12-08-2015, 09:34 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by shepnic74
I definitely think much of the info used to make those lists is BS. I grew up in Syracuse which is where Onondaga lake is and nobody boats it cause axis chemical polluted the sh!t out of it. I live in buffalo now and hear they are trying to clean it up but I'm farely sure its still no where you would go boating.
The article asctually says nothing about boating. As you said, who dare be near that water ?
Suks that it got polluted like this.
This is all the article syays about this lake.
http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/11...ates-399212/2/

11. Onondaga Lake, New York

Once ignobly hailed as the most polluted lake in the nation, Onondaga Lake is making a slow but steady comeback thanks to the EPA. Listed as a Superfund site in 1994, the lake drew attention not just for its history of industrial pollution but for its potential to spill that pollution all over the nearby water system and residential areas. The cocktail of pollution ranged from mercury and pesticides to good old fashioned human sewage. Between 2012 and 2014 alone, the EPA’s designated “responsible parties” — those who polluted the lake — dredged and removed 2.2 million cubic yards of contamination from the lakebed.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ didn't click on the links sorry. When I was a kid that water would not freeze during the winter even when all the other lakes around did.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:20 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

Devils lake swamp just just a big polluted swamp. it has a small lake and bayou and the land sticks out into the Mississippi river. was going to lease the land to hunt on nut backed out. it makes some huge deer and the lake have all kinds of fish but I wont eat them.

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/HAC/pha/Dev...keHC082906.pdf