Converting another boater into an Arneson Believer >

Converting another boater into an Arneson Believer

Notices

Converting another boater into an Arneson Believer

Old 12-16-2015, 11:29 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
That is not true, almost every single person I have talked to that did the bravo conversion had to move the engines down in the boat, and/or fill the notch in the transom. Moving the engines down also means that new tailpipes have to be made or the existing holes have to be filled and moved.
youre correct. my motors and drives had to be dropped 3 inches for my arneson conversion
Old 12-16-2015, 11:54 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
That is not true, almost every single person I have talked to that did the bravo conversion had to move the engines down in the boat, and/or fill the notch in the transom. Moving the engines down also means that new tailpipes have to be made or the existing holes have to be filled and moved.
Adam, the engines will mostly, some don't as it all depends upon the X dimension and if the engines are in a drive line (catamaran) or not, need to drop in the engine room and this is a benefit as it lowers the VCG and makes for more room under the hatch which can remove the need for a scoop on some applications.

The only situation whereby a notch would need to be filled would be on a Stagger setup as the notch doesn't have an effect on a side by side setup as the notch is basically non existent on the 35" centers.

Did Hunter get a hold of you with the counter rotating ASD8's that he has and you've been searching for?
Old 12-17-2015, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Without reading all the posts/info available I ask..what power is the conversion rated for? They look great!
Let's just say
They are under rated for what they can take.lol
38 formula fasttech 950hp a side and 112mph and still not topped out yet.Rik knows the boat he can fill in the details on the drives but they're aad7's.and we're not ready on this boat at all.
Old 12-17-2015, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

I have never seen an OSO thread stating..."Keep breaking my Arenson drive! What is my alternative ????" LOL
Old 12-17-2015, 09:32 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Or.......... "I installed an Arneson drive and it slowed my boat down".

We currently have 5 Arneson drive and 6 Mercury drive boats at the shop. Up until 6 years ago we had only worked on 1 Arneson boat. They are getting more popular.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am so happy I don't need to worry about these expensive drive conversions. My boat is perfectly reliable with xr's, of course it only has 500hp per side, but does 80 which is fine with me. These threads do make for interesting reading though.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Why did the Arneson not seem to work as good on that special edition Blue Fountain with Ilmor 725's? The 700/6 42's were a couple mph faster thought I read somewhere.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by jmoore1225
Why did the Arneson not seem to work as good on that special edition Blue Fountain with Ilmor 725's? The 700/6 42's were a couple mph faster thought I read somewhere.
What boat was that ?
Old 12-17-2015, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Does the kits come with something like a bravo drill jig? You know for the cut out and new mounting holes.
I used this jig lined the holes up perfect and the boxes slide right in
Old 12-17-2015, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by green lightning
I used this jig lined the holes up perfect and the boxes slide right in
That's what I was talking about, keeps the drill straight.

Did you make that? Last question just because I like to know these things even if I don't need to know.

I assume after you set back of the engine you have to line the angle up before fixing the front mounts. What kind of alignment tool do you use? Is that something you source from RIK?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.