Notices

Navy and Iran

Old 01-15-2016, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Navy and Iran

What just happened over there?
Most of us are boaters. I know they were in a big body of water but ...
50 miles of course?
Triple redundant navigation including a Ritchie 500 compass (looked like it from the Iranian video they broadcast) that are same in my race boat that was used to race hundreds of miles out to sea and back almost 50 years ago.
The first boat had a nav issue so the second didn't radio ahead and say hey we just crossed the natural zone?
Then it was a mechanical issue? So they drifted 50 miles off course and yet the boat that was running didn't throw a line and tow them out of danger?
Then the Iranians come out in Jon boats with 3hp outboards and they just throw up their hands and surrender? How fast are these navy boats again? 50 knots?

I'm starting to think this is a set up. Either the Iranians came out and took those boats basically trying to run us out of the middle east and the admin is covering it up or we sent them in there on a spy mission and they got caught (very stupid this day and age) or (and what I think it was) they sent them in there with a plan that the Iranians would catch them and give them back with no issue to say that the Iran nuke deal has made new friends out of our enemies.
In summary this is either a scam or the Capt of the lead boat should be brought up on charges and should never be allowed to pilot a paddle boat on a acre lake again.
Old 01-15-2016, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

That was a standard defensive probe. Entirely intentional, to light up their defensive lines of communication. If they know how it works, then they know how to shut it down in the future, if need be.
Old 01-15-2016, 03:39 PM
Registered

I could see poking around the perimeter to see what happens but they already have a drone that we lost over Afghanistan so we send in 2 boats 50 miles out of their way just to get caught just to see what happens?? I don't know.
Old 01-15-2016, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Maybe a comedy of errors.
Old 01-15-2016, 04:43 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

X2 on Post #3.....also some Sandbagging to make the Iranian's feel good ?
Old 01-15-2016, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

In the past they may have had standing orders to shoot Infiltrator's. While now with an agreement, they may now have to get permission to shoot. With the agreement, standing orders have changed. Engaging US forces most probably now requires authorization. With fear of making a wrong call, the lower commanders pushed the call upstream, most probably all the way to the top. What better way to map out the chain of command and monitor the communication system.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:00 PM
Registered

Now they are saying that they were taking a shortcut to get to a fueling station. On open water, a short cut?? Then being in Iranian waters one boat had a “slight motor issue” and all were below deck checking into it, in Iranian waters, everyone was below deck checking on a “slight issue” and the Iranians just snuck up on them. O.Kayyyyyyy……
Stupid question, where was the second boat? Did they raft up together in Iranian waters and all go below deck? Sure this wasn’t a high seas poker game gone badly. It’s like a plot line for Bill Murray in the movie Stripes or McHale’s Navy.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm what better way for our unlustriouse prez to get some press, I go with option 3 in the original post.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No matter what happened, it makes us look like a bunch pushover weaklings. Or Obama, how ever you want to spell it. All of our enemies are taking pot shots lately, like a bully with a stick that just keeps poking and poking, while we sit there and ask them to stop and please play nice. One can only hope and dream a real administration is put into place this fall, one that won't bow to foreign leaders and apologize for America.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:59 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Did they take the Power Squadron's course?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.