A Whole Judicial Conspiricy!!!! >

A Whole Judicial Conspiricy!!!!

Notices

A Whole Judicial Conspiricy!!!!

Old 09-24-2002, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by MIdnightRider
Check out the picture. It is a little tough to see, but the center motor, and insides of the port and star are all right together (4 pipes, bam, bam, bam,bam). Midnight
Hi just wondering is this were FOUNTAIN put the exhaust from the factory in 1991 on the 42' Sure seams strange because it looks like it just about rueins the swimstep. Charlie
Old 09-25-2002, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The exhaust was installed by the owner, CMI tube tops I believe. The exhaust is also dry.
Old 09-25-2002, 12:23 PM
MIdnightRider

It doesn't really hurt the swim platform like you might think, Fountains platforms are huge. I think it looks cool, there is no question when you see the boat that it is the real deal Holyfield! Mr. Velocity knew the former owner and can probably agree it sounds great. Midnight

Old 09-25-2002, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It did sound cool for about the first 10 seconds after he started it. The owner did wear ear plugs everytime he was in the boat, yea it sounded cool but he looked funny with orange foam hanging out of his ears.
I'd like to know who got that boat dialed in, when it was here it never came close to running the speeds that you're seeing.
As far as the platform, a little hull cleaner after each use and it was white again.
You running hydros on that boat? I've seen 3 blade mirage plus, Bravo 1s and he even tried a set of my hydros on the boat. Last I saw he was running the 3 blades.

Here is the boat before the exhaust was cut in.
Attached Thumbnails A Whole Judicial Conspiricy!!!!-dock1.jpg  
Old 09-25-2002, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Troutly, very well said as well with lots of good points. I think most will agree that crimes commited with cars and on roadways (basically on land) SOAR over crimes commited on the waterways. I think most know that motor vehicles that operate on land are the main source of transportation and there's a lot that can be done with a car. For example; I haven't heard of a boat being used to rob a bank or convenience store at one of the local marinas. How many people live on the water literally? When I see people in the water usually they're swimming or basically relaxing and/or having a good time. I haven't seen or heard of any drive by shootings with boats, much of any "road rage" with boats. I also don't see many fights on the beaches either unless gangs are claiming it as "their turf" or something.

The point I am trying to make here (again) is that STILL, boaters are for the most part law abiding citizens----not out looking for problems with others or malice. Most of the stuff I see out there in boaters world are heavy drinking, neglagence and ignorance having to do mostly with SAFTEY ISSUES! There is enough of that going on to keep the police busy instead of being suspicious of everyone like they have a boat load of marijuana or something. I understand that things aren't always the obvious, again, for the most part you're not going to find anywhere near the problems that you do where people mostly live--- on land! The bad crimes just aren't happenin' in the boating scene out on the water like they are on dry ground. I guess I'm not the best at expaining my feelings to others. I just don't like seeing people getting harrased or intruded upon for miniscule stuff. If you really have so much suspicion that someone is doing something wrong even if it doesn't show on the surface then check them out----most likely you're not going to find that with people in their boats---it just isn't there! I suppose if you search under every rock you'll eventually find something. What there IS are MANY water safety/traffic violations! You're probably not going to find any of the big crimes out there I guess unless you line up all the boaters and search them all. We do need the police, but where do you think we should draw the line? I suppose one could find something wrong with every boater if he really wanted to, but people need some breathing room. Look, I know it's a touchy subject. The things that you have described in your last post are very good points overall---I really do see what you're saying, but with all due respect we're talking about the boating/water world here.

I'm not trying to be dis-respectful to you, this probably isn't the easiest thing to argue about, and we could probably go around and around on this---perhaps we'll have to agree to disagree to a degree at this point. I personally know of some great people who are police officers. I know you guys put your lives on the line for us daily. I just don't like the overly ambitious intrusions for miniscule stuff on the waterways---I'm sorry, but it just makes me angry. Thank you and thanks for your input.

Sincerely
Mark/KAAMA

Last edited by KAAMA; 09-26-2002 at 04:17 AM.
Old 09-26-2002, 04:53 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts
Default What a friggin project

Man I remember that project, what a nightmare. Send me an e-mail if you want to know the details.

[email protected]

Mr_Velocity,

You and I both know the reason why that boat was always breaking down.

SHORT ARMS< DEEP POCKETS
Old 09-26-2002, 10:38 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts
Default the flappers

I see you took the flappers off the back. yes they were ugly but the owner had a nack for shutting the motors down and waves would wash over the swim platform and cause water to go into the exhaust pipes. he would then try and start them and they would hydralock. The boat was quiter with the flappers installed as well. Even though the looked like hell. We priced out Gaffrig mufflers. They would have to be custom built and cost a hell of a lot of money, which he wasn't willing to pay. The boat was always a fix it on Thursday, I need it for Saturday project.

I did a lot of maintenance on the boat, and helped build the motors that were in the boat before the 540's that you have. the boat always had problems because we were working on a shoe string budget and were never allowed to get new parts or do it the right way, or the way we wanted it for that matter.

the reason you have the over transom exhaust is because the owner would not spring for a nice pair of heads. He only wanted to spend money on cams. So we put them in and they were so big it had reversion problems with the Gill Exhause that was originally in there. A local guy was selling the exhaust from a 42 Fountain Raceboat. I think he bought them for like $10K (could have used that money for heads etc!!!)