New to boating and diving in >

New to boating and diving in

Notices

New to boating and diving in

Old 02-04-2016, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to boating and diving in

I'm put money down on a 93 fountain fever 27 the boat has been painted the interior is new and the motor is a crate 502 with 50 hrs on it. The hall has 670 hrs there are a couple chips in the paint it looks like from docking the boat one goes down to the fiberglass. But the fiberglass is not hurt in anyway how big of a concern is that for rot and what else should I be looking for on a boat that old. Anything fountains are know for going bad. And is 670 hrs alot. And what do you think it's worth
Old 02-04-2016, 06:17 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Welcome Biffle.

Thats a great Boat especially for a first timer. The cosmetic items can be fixed and like anything hours on the hull only matter in how it was taken care off.

Leave it stock and make sure before you embark on your season . impeller replace. Oil in out-drives. engine service as well. Leave it stock and practice driving and docking and you'll be set!

Oh and in this world when asking what its worth? Its worth what you paid for it. Enjoy
Old 02-04-2016, 07:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Ditto. ^^^^^^^
Old 02-04-2016, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Ok. It's a hull. Not a hall. Lol. Make sure it's checked as any boat with wood can have rot. That's the biggest issue. Maintenance is huge and as mentioned make sure impeller is good and oil changes in drive and engine are fresh and stay that way.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:09 PM
Registered

Do I need to be worried about the couple paint chips or is that not a big deal
Old 02-04-2016, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Buy yourself a gelcoat repair kit and practice
Old 02-04-2016, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Biffle
Do I need to be worried about the couple paint chips or is that not a big deal
Depends how picky YOU are.

Great first boat, but like others said, I'd recommend getting a survey done before final purchase.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:52 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

#1 - develop thick skin to beak jokes. Most people like Fountains, but most people like to say beak jokes....in fun.

#2 - decide now if you are going to welcome or deny Fountain Skanks, and plan accordingly.

Enjoy and Congrats !
Old 02-04-2016, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to the gang

There is a wealth of information on this site -- and from my experience most of the folks here want to help. I don't even consider myself to the esteem rank of a new boater yet... I have so much to learn- and when I grow up would like to get a performance boat.

I don't know who mentioned it but be ready for the beak jokes-- Fountain is a great boat -- most especially if you dye your hair jet black and wear gold chains..

all the best

3pointstar
Old 02-04-2016, 03:55 PM
Registered

Haha I welcome all the beak jokes and especially the fountain skanks, gold chains on order I'm gunna hold off on the hair for a bit tho. The boat comes with a 3 blade 23 and a 4 blade 24 is it the higher the pitch the more top.end and less low end or the other way around and what does it mean to have a labbed prop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.