Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best way to Show from Miami Beach >

Best way to Show from Miami Beach

Notices

Best way to Show from Miami Beach

Old 02-15-2016, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts

We also Ubered from Miami Beach to Bayside and took the water taxi to Marine Stadium without much of a wait on Thursday morning. The line to get back to Bayside from Marine Stadium was a problem on Thursday afternoon so we jumped into the line heading back to Miami Beach that was open and it worked out well. The ride home was a bit cold though. Here are two pics on the way to Marine Stadium and two pics on the way back to Miami Beach via water taxi. Our taxi on the way there was one of the Thriller Catamarans, cool boat. They need to get the water taxis better organized but the taxi ride itself adds an extra element of fun.
Attached Thumbnails Best way to Show from Miami Beach-mbs-2016-1.jpg   Best way to Show from Miami Beach-mbs-2016-2.jpg   Best way to Show from Miami Beach-mbs-2016-3.jpg  

Best way to Show from Miami Beach-mbs-2016-4.jpg  
Old 02-16-2016, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
We had no problem at all getting there.
Uber from south beach to the arena area was $12.55, the line for the shuttle took maybe 10min if that.

Leaving was kind of a pain cause we left at close with the masses but all in all it was not bad to me.
What day did you go? We waited for a bit on Saturday in hopes we could take the water taxi from bayside to the show. No luck, 3 hour wait so we ended up standing in the aisle of a charter bus to get to marine stadium. Coming back it seems like they had their chit together, only waited maybe 30 min on water taxi back to Bayside. Good times, Love the new venue.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:16 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Overall the logistics for the show were HORRIFIC.
Uber signals were blocked anywhere near the Stadium.
The ridiculous charter/shuttle bus route routed you OFF Virginia key, to downtown Miami ONLY TO U-turn and go back to Lot-A on Virginia Key.
This QUADRUPLED the bridge traffic.

Worst event logistics ever.

The restroom situation was horrific.
It was very difficult to navigate the grounds as all the walkways were WAY too narrow for all the lollygagging folks oblivious to their surroundings. And the docks were WAY too small, as they were really only 3-people wide, and most people were walking in pairs, or groups.

I'm glad I had other means of transportation, but even that had the good sucked out of it; as I got pulled over and yelled at 3 times with conflicting information.

Next year, my suggestion would be to stay in Downtown Miami, and rent a scooter, bike, or motorcycle to get back and forth the Show/Virginia Key.

The bigger question:
How long is the show going to stay at the Stadium?
1 more year?
2 more years?
10 years?
Permanently?
I've heard all of those possibilities from different sources.

The show being isolated as it was created "rush hours", even affecting beyond the show. EVERYONE was trying to eat dinner at the exact same time in South Beach, each night, especially Friday & Saturday. My advice: order take out food. That's what I did at Smith & Wollensky on Saturday. As I was picking it up, a spot at the bar opened up and I just ate it at the bar. I was in and out in less than 30 minutes, which REALLY irked a few folks when they realized what I did.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 02-16-2016 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:39 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

^^^^^ Agree with all of that ^^^^^ IMO the show was a PITA more than ever especially conducting business. The show was just not the same. I was there for 95 % business reasons than seeing everything like in the past. Alot of venders even talking to some today said traffic was poor - I am not saying for all of them but for about 12 companies that I know very well expressed their versions how poor it was for them.

Anyways the NMMA seems to want this location permanently.

http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/2016/0...new-show-site/

Last edited by BUP; 02-16-2016 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:45 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/2016/0...sletter-021516

have no idea who would say this was the greatest boatshow for them - venders or public. Maybe for the first time ever boatshow persons. Early 2000's the Miami boatshow was by far 100 times better than this current show. Just saying and some things were cool but the location & layout.

Last edited by BUP; 02-16-2016 at 02:03 PM.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by 454captiva
What day did you go? We waited for a bit on Saturday in hopes we could take the water taxi from bayside to the show. No luck, 3 hour wait so we ended up standing in the aisle of a charter bus to get to marine stadium. Coming back it seems like they had their chit together, only waited maybe 30 min on water taxi back to Bayside. Good times, Love the new venue.
Saturday

We left for the show at about 1pm from South beach and stayed at the show until close.

We took a cab to bayside to get an uber back to South beach. The cab line was fast and easy but I hate cabs so that part sucked.