Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need help nordic 28 t444e parasail boat >

Need help nordic 28 t444e parasail boat

Notices

Need help nordic 28 t444e parasail boat

Old 02-24-2016, 05:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For us its are first year of operation in parasailing ! Were doing this me and my wife combined with private charter , island tours and snorkeling . Parasailling is alot of work !! But the smiles on people face is worth the effort ;-)
Old 02-25-2016, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 601 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by PARASAIL941
This is the third boat this guy in Saipan has bought from us , and he wants one more. He's over 10 k shipping per boat and fine with it! I put a composite floor in Neils inflatable about six months ago , i guess he'll run that thing forever.
I did complete paint / transom /floor on the Premium for Bonita Beach Parasail last Aug. Parasail world is small , I had a captain fart on a boat in Bradenton and got a call a couple hours later from a friend in Key West telling me what it smelled like. Only business I ever owned where I've had to actually fist fight my competition and my own Captains/Crew on occasion and they considered this normal procedure! Luckily I'm bigger than they are!!!
Yea my old. Location at Bonita is on its 3rd owner since I got out of it. Was that Andrews boat you fiberglassed and painted?

What motor is Neil running in that inflatable , I thought I remember it being a Cat , Just wondering what kind of luck he has had with it.

That inflatable is way to wet riding for me, ran one for a few times that was setup with a 502 sterndrive to do hang gliders . Way too much work and you had to run the boat way to hard to get the kite up to altitude.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 601 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Ericrunner
For us its are first year of operation in parasailing ! Were doing this me and my wife combined with private charter , island tours and snorkeling . Parasailling is alot of work !! But the smiles on people face is worth the effort ;-)
Be safe and be careful. Stay off your lee shores, you never know when you could lose power or in counter a snag in the propeller

Have a oversized anchor with a good length of chain and 300 get of line in a position that it is easy to access and deploy in a emergency.

Learn your local weather conditions and watch your weather . Dealing and predicting your weather conditions is one of the most important things right behind knowing and maintaining your boat, motor , out drive, and winch.

Keep good tow line on your winch, that is your lifeline between the people up in the chute and you , lose that control and you have a problem, hence the "stay off your lee shore".

Sun is brutal on your chutes and harnesses and any webbing on your tandem bar. When not in use cover them to protect them.

If the webbing on your harnesses or tandem bar is looking the least bit raggedy. Throw them out.

I could tell you a really bad story about 2 fatalities that happened because of webbing failure on a tandem bar right down the street from my location, but I don't want to scare you that bad.

These people you are flying are putting their lives in your hands and are trusting that not only you know what you are doing but you are using good judgement .

Do not fly near thunderstorms. You usually only get one chance with lightning. Got a story for that too.

Good luck and be safe.

Last edited by tommymonza; 02-25-2016 at 08:35 AM.