Notices

Deleting beware threads

Old 03-04-2016, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Deleting beware threads

So you have guys that make private deals that for what ever reason do not go as planned ,so when they cant work it out they come on here and start a thread to tell us their side of the story of how bad the other party is,and basically are looking for assistance from us (put the pressure on the other party)to get their money back on a deal they made and we had nothing to do with,

so we all chime in not really knowing much about the deal that was made behind the scenes and stick up for the OSO member,

so here is were I think the bull$hit comes in, I do not think you should delete the thread!,
you asked for our help (if you say you didnt then why start the thread?)then because of the power of OSO you get your money back and then you delete the thread?really??
I thought OSO was more than a web site I thought this is a place where we all watch out for one another,
Deleting the thread is clearly a way you are telling us (OSO) ,hey mission accomplished good for me I got what I wanted from the help of you guys, and as far as the party that I had issues with?well you guys can figure it out for yourself.

Last edited by boatnt; 03-04-2016 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Beware threads should be left up once started, not used as a bargaining chip to get what one wants.
Also, a lot of the "bandwagoning" should be cut out. FACTS from those involved or those that have DIRECT experience with the parties involved need to reply.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

yep,I agree 100%
when you delete the thread, you in one way or another are showing us how its ALL about you and we were used for your purpose !!
Old 03-04-2016, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts

Who cares. It's the internet. Packed full of BS.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:27 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by pasquesi
Who cares. It's the internet. Packed full of BS.
Well at least give us the choice to determine what's BS and what's not... "who cares" is not a reason to delete a thread that informs members of potential headaches when dealing with certain businesses.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

But what if the the deal is "I'll refund your money if you delete that thread" BAM....thread gets deleted because money talks.....

*But I agree they should stay up, just because the guy caves and gives a refund because of this forum doesn't mean he's not shady to begin with. Unless it was a true misunderstanding of course.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 134 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Well at least give us the choice to determine what's BS and what's not... "who cares" is not a reason to delete a thread that informs members of potential headaches when dealing with certain businesses.
Agreed. There are more than a few here Iv'e read about that got REALLY burned. I'm sure all of them wish there would have been "beware" threads posted that they could have read...
Old 03-04-2016, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
I meant "who cares" as in why delete threads at all. Leave them up.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

some years ago i had a thread in the beware section,long story short a guy owed me 4300 bucks and he strung me along for a month,then he stopped taking my calls.shortly after i started my thread he contacted me saying he would deposit the money through a wire transfer if i removed the thread,i said when the money hits my account i will remove the thread.the next day when i checked my account the payment had been made,being a man of my word i contacted a moderater and requested the thread be removed.in this case i had to give my word to get my money.as much as would have liked to leave the thread up for others to be warned i gave my word.one thing i know for sure,the power of oso is amazing.

Last edited by mike tkach; 03-04-2016 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:01 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by pasquesi
I meant "who cares" as in why delete threads at all. Leave them up.
Got it

And I understand mike tkach's point too, it's a tough situation for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.