True boater or boat owner? >

True boater or boat owner?

Notices

True boater or boat owner?

Old 03-06-2016, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default True boater or boat owner?

so there are so many people that own boats. but are they a true boater or just a boat owner? myself i am a full on, send me to rehab boater. hi my name is todd and i have a boating problem. i'm always thinking about whats next to do one of them. in the off season i'm working on one of them at least twice a week. in the summer months always washing, cleaning or maintaining them. always thinking about the next big run in the cruiser or the hot rod. we are out on the water every weekend. we never stay on the boats but when we get to the marina and see all the people just hanging out at there slip at the picnic table i just think to myself why?? our marina has 2 sides. the north is the in / out and slips were the hot rod goes in & the south is the basin were our cruiser is, so i get a good look at all the boats in there. when we get back in the marina they are sitting in the same spot, just a little more buzzed. just my thoughts. come on summer!!

todd

Last edited by baronmarine; 03-06-2016 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good buzz Todd!
My wife laughed today as I change the transom shower cap cup because I saw cracks at the screw holes. (only with the flap open). Out of stuff to work on I guess but thats my nature too.

Passions for people are different though and sure I fear the bayliner with cob webs parking by me .. but I give those folks credit for trying and getting out regardless. Most boaters out here launch and drive a mile and park for the day and that baffles me too as I crave the exploration and travel.

We live on the water so I breath it daily and maybe take for granted what most people have to do to go boating.

Looking forward to the Time change.. summers is on its way!!
Old 03-06-2016, 09:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,123 Likes on 473 Posts

Do you dream about boats?

Here's something I learnt a few years ago, controlling your dreams. When you go to bed (to sleep) think about boats. Go through the whole process of a boating day in your mind, include every detail. If you miss something, go back and start again. It's different for all of us but for me, a typical start to the day might go like this..............

Quick breakfast then off to the marina. Buy 2 bags of ice, removing the covers, turn on batteries, break up the ice, set the drinks, put the towels away, hang the fenders, move them twice and check the height! Trim the engines up and wait for the marina staff to launch me!

Drop the stern in the water, start the engines, double check the bilge is clean and dry, thumbs up to the tractor driver and back her all the way in. Clunk reverse and move away from the ramp. Turn to starboard and move over to the visitors dock. Etc, etc, etc.

I have found, if I do this meticulously, I will usually dream about boats and get a better night sleep. I've tried it with my three passions, boats, girls and golf and it won't always work but I reckon it's good about 75% of the time. The trick is to go through every step in close detail. e.g. When you turn the batteries on, visualize kneeling down on the cockpit floor and picture the switches and which position to put them in, hearing the switch click as you turn it clockwise. Starting the engines, imagine the ignition switches and the keys springing back from the start position to 'run', you check all your gauges watch them line up and check your water tell tales before engaging gear. Go over everything as though you were really doing it, every minor detail.

Maybe I'm a boat nut like yourself so give it a try, it might not work straight away but it feels like a skill which I have developed to help with a better night sleep. Any psychiatrists on the forum want to chime in? Probably no scientific or medical basis for this but the human mind is a crazy, complex thing and it works for me!

Pleasant dreams!

RR
Old 03-06-2016, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Owner....I got other **** to do at times
Old 03-06-2016, 09:41 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,108 Likes on 1,401 Posts

When sleeping, and my heart slows down too much, I don't dream of falling off a cliff, I dream of hitting a big wave wrong while racing. I wake right the fk up , but with a smile. I'll take a running a boat too hard in big waves over falling off a cliff anyday. Been this way since before a teenager.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Wait this is a boating site. Lol in the off season I'm on here when i get up then any time I get a sec. Now in bed with my wife.....yup still on here.......i think I have a problem
Old 03-06-2016, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

I have yelled at my wife in my sleep befor. Telling her she was hanging thr fender wrong and not tieing the lines write lol its bad I live to boat I don't even go to family members weddings if they are in the summer do to not missing a weekend day at the boat. Pissed off a lot of people over the years but hay if you want me there a January wedding is nice.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

I go on the computer every night to check in on oso & s&f. I own 4 boats. 2 at Lake Sacandaga, and 2 at my house. No I don't think I have a problem.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:17 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,108 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Anybody else's wife know how to rebuild a Holley ? Mine does. LOL.

Fact, early during our first year of dating, she stopped by while I was working on a pair of Dominators for some Merc525SC's. She grabbed one , asked and copied, while I worked on he other. She was way easier to teach than most guys I've tried to show/teach.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:48 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I own a 600 hp 28 footer, race a Eliminator Daytona and run a modified SeaDoo RXP when I don't have time for the others. I think that is just good planning and not in any way a sign of a problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.