Goodwin power looking good

Notices

Goodwin power looking good

Old 03-07-2016, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 256 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Goodwin power looking good

http://www.powerboatnat*on.com/goodw...with-pump-gas/

The next*Goodwin*Powered*Skater*is coming and the real performance results of the last one owned by Mr Bill Pyburn have been kept pretty close while some modifications and other testing was done. BUT NOW Powerboat Nation has the exclusive results: The Pyburn Pure Platinum 388 SKATER ran 197 MPH at 70% throttle last April… Yep almost a year ago. I know in your brain you are asking why all the cloak and dagger secrecy.* The answer is simple… Continued pursuit of consistent perfection. Many people can put big power in a 388 SKATER and it will run fast on race gas and then need a month of wrenching.* The Goodwin Competition Engines don’t need anything other than great engine management​.​

​The Goodwin’s going into Chris Bradley’s 388 soon to be finished Skater will sport a brand new completely proprietary engine management system with features ignited and requested by Goodwin Competition in collaboration with*AEM.​ The technology AEM brings to the big horsepower engines is leap and bounds ahead of the previously used systems. These systems are on many of Goodwin’s World Champion Off Road and Automotive race teams with huge success

FACTS from Bill Pyburn:* “I have had my boat in the mid 190’s numerous times” Running 93 Pump Gas with 11 lbs of boost, running 6800, on a 40″ pitch, we have seen, 195 mph, 197 mph, 193mph and many many runs into the 170’s effortlessly.”*The engines peak power is at 19 lbs of boost so there’s much more left in it! Bill went on to say “the amount of power from these engines is completely like nothing else out there.”

Last edited by Nate5.0; 03-07-2016 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 260 Likes on 92 Posts

Sorry Nate to much politics involved if members dare post or comment on news before the almighty speed on the water does.

Thank for sharing I am looking forward to more success stories from all parties involved! To bad this site used to have some good discussions........
Old 03-07-2016, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

DAmn thats only 137 mph faster than my microtub...

Afew years ago we were all in awe of anything running close to 200, now you have someone doing it on pump gas and you guys are like ... Eh,,so what.....

I have been over 100 and it was a rush, over 200 has to be insane...
Old 03-07-2016, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

Hearing it pass you is insane. Nothing sounds close to it.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:30 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,688 Likes on 1,206 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Sorry Nate to much politics involved if members dare post or comment on news before the almighty speed on the water does.

Thank for sharing I am looking forward to more success stories from all parties involved! To bad this site used to have some good discussions........
Not quite sure what you're talking about or your issue is, but we're (meaning Jason Johnson, Eric Colby and I from speedonthewater) far from "almighty" and don't consider ourselves to be—and the only news we post is the news we produce. You posted text from Powerboat Nation—power to them, and you. Have a nice day.
Old 03-08-2016, 12:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Not quite sure what you're talking about or your issue is, but we're (meaning Jason Johnson, Eric Colby and I from speedonthewater) far from "almighty" and don't consider ourselves to be—and the only news we post is the news we produce. You posted text from Powerboat Nation—power to them, and you. Have a nice day.
It's all good Matt, funny joke. Nates thread sits without a reply for a day when this is some of the biggest news to come out lately, something everyone has been wondering about.

But politics do exist in the offshore world and SOTW mag, no reason to take offense to it, thats jusr part of business which is what you are trying to run.

Guess Powerboat Nation reported the news before you, again no biggie, it happens.

I'm just interested in more good discussion since all these sites have been slowing down lately. Even if SOTW post an excellent article half the time no one responds and the thread dies. That part sucks! Not sure if it's due to having to read it on another site instead of the text being on the actual thread or so many people reading them off Facebook and not brining the discussion here. Social media is evolving and frankly it's getting g a little chaotic for me, but that's a different story :-)

BTW I did not post any text from PBN, I simply made a joke in reply to Nate5.0 posting text from PBN, maybe my home was a little controversial, but it was a joke. Plus there was a positive comment thrown in after, all to get this thread going.

I always have supported SOTW magazine, liking your post, reaching out to you and your team helping with news and story ideas for you to report (which you have), and even participating in my own article. But just because this is the second time I have dare spoke out against you doesn't mean you should defriend me from Facebook again! Another joke, but wait 70% of all jokes are true.....huh.

Have a nice day
Old 03-08-2016, 06:15 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 851 Likes on 312 Posts

What is there to speak out against? Not getting your "jokes".
Old 03-08-2016, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any ways...............IMO these mutha F ers are CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved the story and since Todd built my engines in 2011 and getting to know him through that process I am wishing him all the luck.

From the sounds of it, the product he is making is outrageous. Now other way to put it and I am glad that others out there are supporting it.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by drpete3
any ways...............IMO these mutha F ers are CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved the story and since Todd built my engines in 2011 and getting to know him through that process I am wishing him all the luck.

From the sounds of it, the product he is making is outrageous. Now other way to put it and I am glad that others out there are supporting it.
Your engines are pretty sweet and the other couple boats I've seen in person really impressed me!

Cool stuff!
Old 03-08-2016, 09:24 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 281 Likes on 135 Posts

I understand they make the power but how many hours have been put on a pair of these so far???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.