Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater >

Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater

Notices

Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater

Old 05-07-2016, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF
Saw a lot of pics of this boat on various sites and thought it had great lines! What is the actual length of hull, not including bustle?

I don't mind tax write off vacations.
The actual hull running surface length from tip of sponson to the bottom of transom is 29' 10" the overall length is 33' 4" The boat is pretty wide with the 12" widened tunnel so it feels really stable going across wakes at an angle. This thing feels really safe at 160 MPH. It has enough power to just power to the speed and not trim it up to the moon to try to get the speed.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 916 Likes on 304 Posts

Speaking of speed runs, what's the chance you could get a diesel class together for LOTO this year?

I happen to know a few guys that roll coal on the water. Tell em we'll double duty as mosquito control in the evenings for a diesel class...
Old 05-07-2016, 04:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kidturbo
Speaking of speed runs, what's the chance you could get a diesel class together for LOTO this year?

I happen to know a few guys that roll coal on the water. Tell em we'll double duty as mosquito control in the evenings for a diesel class...
They have a diesel class. Tristan was the only one in it last year but through the years there have been a few diesel boats that have run.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the thread love the boat spent the last week reading through on my spare time. Fabulous job you have done being a big time diesel truck guy and onwer of 24 skater this really is right at home for me.
The only real question i have is why no trim tabs especially for the rough water abilty
Old 05-08-2016, 03:23 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSilverCat
I have not been on here for a couple weeks because we had a vacation... You know, a vacation.... work on a boat all night to get it ready, spend a day loading all the skater clothing and displays, drive 3 days to show, spend all day cleaning boat for Skater party at West coast drives, spend all day the next day cleaning and displaying boat and Skater clothing line ( http://skater-apparel.com/ ) at Desert storm street party, Fill boat up with gas and spend all morning cleaning boat to take Pete out in it and to show it to a couple potential customers, next day repeat that, then tighten everything since its a new boat and get it ready to run shootout, tried wrong props then try to change them before shootout is over and truck spins tires for an hour trying to get up ramp, drive to another ramp to pull it out, out of time to make another pass, clean boat up and pack everything, then drive 3 days back to skater, spend a day cleaning the boat and truck again.... you know a vacation...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555100[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]555101[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]555102[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]555103[/ATTACH]
LOL!!!! Sounds about normal for you guys!! Happy vacation
Old 05-08-2016, 07:03 PM
Registered

I'm almost done with mounting and wiring the Simrad equipment.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555148[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-image.jpg  
Old 05-08-2016, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm almost done with mounting and wiring the Simrad equipment.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555148[/ATTACH]
I'm not claiming to be an expert but that looks like a shoddy installation!
Old 05-08-2016, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 29 Posts

Before.....
Old 05-08-2016, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Ok, I'm back in Michigan to get some Monicas cookies so I guess I should start working on the boat again. I stopped by the store to get the cookies and there was a sign on the jar that says $1.95 each...... Seems awful cheep.... $1.95 for each jar full of cookies....I wish they would have had more then one jar of them.... needless to say the check out girl did not think that was as funny as I did.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555096[/ATTACH]
Back when I lived in Cali, they opened a womens only gym by a coffee shop I went to. Big sign painted on the window. "for women only.... $99" I walked in, threw a hundred dollar bill on the counter and said "i'll take 2 blondes, a brunette and a red head" She failed to see the humor in that too....
Old 05-09-2016, 05:53 AM
DFC
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Back when I lived in Cali, they opened a womens only gym by a coffee shop I went to. Big sign painted on the window. "for women only.... $99" I walked in, threw a hundred dollar bill on the counter and said "i'll take 2 blondes, a brunette and a red head" She failed to see the humor in that too....
LOL...meanwhile...driving from Toronto to Indianapolis next weekend to visit my sister. Thinking..."Ok, so Grand Rapids is too far out of the way, how much is shipping for Monica's cookies to Indianapolis?" This frickin' diet is getting old. Great thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.