Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater >

Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater

Notices

Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater

Old 07-25-2016, 11:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you fab special parts like these, are you making extra parts as well to create an inventory of parts specific for this boat?
Old 07-25-2016, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Since each Tee picture has at least 2 of the same size male fittings on it wouldn't it have been easier to buy a Tee that has the majority of the fittings you require (2 sides) then replace the one fitting you needed a different size?
I'm sure I'm missing something but seems like 1 cut and 1 weld would be less work.
Standerd tees are hex shape which would make fitup a lot more work to weld, on the other hand these may a challenge to tighten.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

We did not have any stainless tee's with any of the sizes I needed. I could have ordered some but I did not find any that had the combinations I needed, and I would have had to wait on them.

I did not make any spare tee's, the stainless will be here for a million years and hopefully my welds don't break. I did a fuse weld little filler underneath then a full weld with filler on top.

I can tighten the opposing ends against each other and the side fitting I should have the leverage to hold.

Last edited by BigSilverCat; 07-25-2016 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-31-2016, 02:57 AM
Registered

Received 916 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSilverCat
A few weeks ago I ask Tristan if they were machining my bell housing adapter, she said no but it looks like there machining a billet toilet bowl seat... and sent me these pics.. then when she brought me the bell housing adapter I said it weighed too much so they are making me new ones that are lightened....

So I have two really strong billet aluminum toilet bowl seats for sale if anyone needs one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]557423[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]557424[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]557425[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]557426[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]557427[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]557428[/ATTACH]

How much ya want for those fancy toilet seats?

Strangely enough I'm getting ready to cut two very similar to those.. SAE 3 outside, to what's your inside hole and bolt pattern details on that? Be even nicer if ya could find me a couple 2 speeds that bolted up to those. I don't think these Coan SFI cases I'm leaning towards are gonna be a direct bolt up though...
Old 08-06-2016, 08:57 AM
Registered

Fuel system. Fuel comes out of the fuel tank through the Floscan fuel meter then tee's out to the dual Racor fuel filter/water separator and Fass electric fuel pump/filter/air-water separator. Then tee's back together and runs to the engine where it goes through a low pressure lift pump then through another fuel filter and then to high pressure pump. The return fuel goes through a fuel cooler then tee's with the Fass return fuel and through a return fuel Floscan. There is another two way-Fass pump going to the front fuel tanks. This is all just for one side.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]558051[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]558052[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-image.jpg   Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-image.jpg  
Old 08-07-2016, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigSilverCat
Fuel system. Fuel comes out of the fuel tank through the Floscan fuel meter then tee's out to the dual Racor fuel filter/water separator and Fass electric fuel pump/filter/air-water separator. Then tee's back together and runs to the engine where it goes through a low pressure lift pump then through another fuel filter and then to high pressure pump. The return fuel goes through a fuel cooler then tee's with the Fass return fuel and through a return fuel Floscan. There is another two way-Fass pump going to the front fuel tanks. This is all just for one side.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]558051[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]558052[/ATTACH]
Hun, we have more filters than Instagram.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TriPaC87
Hun, we have more filters than Instagram.
And some extra fuel if need be.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:45 AM
Registered

Back to updating the thread, besides going to Trinidad for the great race and Loto for the shootout I have been at skater 7 days a week, 18-20 hours a day for the last couple months trying to finish the boat.

Steering indicators.
In the first pic: I needed the ball end on a bigger thread to screw into the steering cylinder so I turned the two on the left into the one on the right.

Second pic: I machined a bracket to go around the cylinder to hold indicator cable.
I had a custom all stainless hardware cable made with a 7" stroke that is bigger diameter then a normal throttle/shifter cable so it will have less play and be stronger to take the pounding from the water.
The cable has bulkhead fittings on each end so I'm not relying on a pin in the collar or clamping on the outside of cable to hold it in place. And it will allow for more precise adjustment of the indicator.

Third pic: made a plate to hold the transom end of indicator cable. the indicator cable has a bulkhead fitting on the transom end of to have a more positive way to hold it and seal it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559285[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]559286[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]559287[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-image.jpg   Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-image.jpg   Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-image.jpg  

Last edited by BigSilverCat; 09-11-2016 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:13 PM
Registered

Fender holders:
We designed and machined some fender holders that clamp over a stringer. They have a rubber pad that goes against the stringer to make up for bumps or thickness differences. The fenders look small in the pic but they are 12" x 30"

Some of the pics are upside down, I will fix them tonight

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559294[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]559295[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]559296[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]559297[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-tyson-fender-holder-.jpg   Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-tyson-fender-holder-bright.jpg   Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-tyson-fender-holder-installed-2.jpg  

Start to Finish: Building Our 50' Skater-tyson-fender-holder-installed.jpg  

Last edited by Cash Bar; 09-14-2016 at 06:47 PM.
Old 09-11-2016, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

How's the engines and boxes coming on? any updates and photos.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.