Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best LOTO Shootout Hotel/Resort with 50' slips??? >

Best LOTO Shootout Hotel/Resort with 50' slips???

Notices

Best LOTO Shootout Hotel/Resort with 50' slips???

Old 03-17-2016, 02:50 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't add much, but after reading this thread the last couple days I realize how lucky we are to own a place at the 20MM close enough to get to the majority of the bars by boat or car.

You've gotten most of the info, just when doing most everything, you'll want to leave early, it always takes a little longer than you think to get around, more traffic and less boat and car parking.

DD is a must, it's the best time to be at LOTO boating and having fun.
Old 03-17-2016, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
I rented a toon 2 summers ago for my son's 21st b-day so I could haul him around to all the on-water bars and not have to haul my boat down there just for that. HATED IT! If you aren't accustomed to the 3 mile wide turning radius of a toon with no power steering it will suck in tight quarters around the dock. I managed OK at most places but looked like a monkey humping a football leaving Paradice as I was out on the end next to the house with the dock next door and there were people in the water off that dock and a couple boats leaving/entering that limited my maneuvering room. One of the boat rental places offered a 266 Crownline. I would have taken that as I had one from '02 - '04. It handled LOTO just fine in most conditions and has plenty of room for passengers.

POS rental 'toon vs. my 266.
A crown line would be ideal for us if I can find a place to rent one.

We had a fundeck 2 years ago and got BEAT on it. Not to mention the plastic prop they put on it thay kept blowing out every 5 seconds.

Don't want a toon at all but imagine it has to be better than the v-hull fundeck. Just hoping I can find something else for the shootout to rent......going to start searching for that Crownline or a like boat.

One day we will drag a boat to LOTO lol
Old 03-17-2016, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an awesome boat that knows LOTO very well that is for sale. Didn't you want a center console.. BAM!!!!!!!

Shady Gator across from Camden on the Lake Tuesday 2014 before the storm

Old 03-17-2016, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd think that CL 266 would beat the snot out of you as well! We have stayed at the Ledges for the past 3 years and it is great! Not sure if they have room for a 50', but you might check. We get there on Wed, I drop the boat in at PB2, unhook the trailer and meet the wife at the condo. It's almost too easy! Good luck and enjoy!
Old 03-17-2016, 03:26 PM
Registered

I love that boat but my next boat prob will not be a CC.....we talked a little about.....here kitty kitty if I have it my way......or an AT if this new biz does better than I expect.

Skater coming up for the trip Mike?
Old 03-17-2016, 03:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CrownHawg
I'd think that CL 266 would beat the snot out of you as well! We have stayed at the Ledges for the past 3 years and it is great! Not sure if they have room for a 50', but you might check. We get there on Wed, I drop the boat in at PB2, unhook the trailer and meet the wife at the condo. It's almost too easy! Good luck and enjoy!
I can take a beating. The fundeck was 21' and we lived just fine...that part is not really the issue. In anything under 30' it's going to happen.

But the ability to turn, have a prop that catches most the time, and room to move is the priority.
Old 03-17-2016, 04:15 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
I love that boat but my next boat prob will not be a CC.....we talked a little about.....here kitty kitty if I have it my way......or an AT if this new biz does better than I expect.

Skater coming up for the trip Mike?
Sure is. PBC is it's home away from home

Old 03-17-2016, 04:32 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

How's the taxi/uber situation around LOTO? I can deal with not drinking until the boats put away, but after that all bets are off!!
Old 03-17-2016, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to be there by Wednesday morning so you can check out the street party on the strip. As for you saying that many places have lifts to lift your boat off the trailer. I think you are confused on what we call "lifts" vs what you are thinking. Lifts are used to lift and store boats out of the water. I have only seen lifts that take boats off the trailer at Formula Boats, and at The Moorings(which is a private owned place). Really only boats that are lifted with a travel lifts around here are cruisers.
You can't really compare LOTO to KW at all. From what I've seen KW has all the bars and stuff right on one street, LOTO is not like that at all. Bars are spread out all over the lake. Coconuts and Lazy Gators are very happening bars with pools. PBC is also very busy, pool isn't as big as coconuts though.
Not sure uber is offered at LOTO. Taxis are around.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by stlliberator
You need to be there by Wednesday morning so you can check out the street party on the strip. As for you saying that many places have lifts to lift your boat off the trailer. I think you are confused on what we call "lifts" vs what you are thinking. Lifts are used to lift and store boats out of the water. I have only seen lifts that take boats off the trailer at Formula Boats, and at The Moorings(which is a private owned place). Really only boats that are lifted with a travel lifts around here are cruisers.
You can't really compare LOTO to KW at all. From what I've seen KW has all the bars and stuff right on one street, LOTO is not like that at all. Bars are spread out all over the lake. Coconuts and Lazy Gators are very happening bars with pools. PBC is also very busy, pool isn't as big as coconuts though.
Not sure uber is offered at LOTO. Taxis are around.
Not confused about the lifts at all. Im talking about a travel lift. I don't want to dunk the trailer and forks won't fit between the boat and the fenders on the trailer. Four seasons has one too.

https://marinetravelift.com

Last edited by 302Sport; 03-17-2016 at 06:11 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.