Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
18' powerplay hull expectations.. >

18' powerplay hull expectations..

Notices

18' powerplay hull expectations..

Old 02-24-2005, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 18' powerplay hull expectations..

Travis,
You need to find an Alpha SS!!!! Raising the "X" by raising the motor is pretty permanent and can be a messy job. The Alpha SS is an awesome drive that will hold its value. Not to mention if it doesn't work it is easily replaced with the stock Alpha. Sometimes when raising the "X" the holeshot becomes pretty poor, which means your boat could loose the ability to be a ski or tube boat, which will hurt resale value. Just throwin some ideas at you! A little more $$$ now can pay off in the long run in a lot of instances. Good luck!

Craig
Old 02-24-2005, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah i know craig.. I was just tossing around the idea which way was cheaper. Plus we all know the availablilty of the SS is rare. When you do find them they want alot of money for them. As of now, this boat will paid of soon and will be mine I might get another but I don't think I will ever sell this boat

loos the ability to ski & tube... LOL!! It never had the ability
Old 02-25-2005, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

traviss: the sabre boys are in coopersville just west of grand rapids. real nice guys. thats a good idea that vette has also. go luck.
woogie: i talked to a guy last nite may be selling his.
todd
Old 02-25-2005, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by woogie
Airpacker - a Blue and Black 1990 230 Conquest? Sure enough, thats the colors of the Brocure pic 230 in the 1990 catalog. Go figure! If you want pic let me know.
woogie,I have that brocheure. that pic is actually an 89 230. Its where I got my graphic ideas from. I changed the size and location of the stripes slightly from those in the pic. No colour above the rub rail except for a 1 inch solid stripe right along the top of the rail continued under the rail at 2 inches wide.The "black" in that shot is actually grey. I thought it was black so I ordered it black. Thats when the fun of BLACK???? started. It actually came down to no black/no sale. Well, seeing as it was going to be the most expensive 230 they had ever built due to the option list I handed them, they agreed to do it in black and blue. Heck, they even told me that going for the teak swim platform was a mistake and my boat would look "old fashioned". Funny how they offerd the option but didn't think I should choose it. Well, I did because it looke so much better than a bolted on glass one. The boat has aged so gracefully that many people think its a "new" boat. The present owner laughs and tells people its 13, now 14 years old.
Attached Thumbnails 18' powerplay hull expectations..-power-play.jpg  
Old 02-25-2005, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 597 Likes on 242 Posts

Baronmarine you must have been browsing the uncensored section in order to know my little secret ,and it's fuchsia not pink!You must talk to Puder too much ,your starting to pick up on his spelling habits,try clicking on that little box that says spelchek,it's two over from (post quick reply).Computer has some virus just got it barely running again,got a guy coming to dePhuck it on monday,They should hang those little bastards who make up these viruses.Travis this is a boat site not a sled site besides we don't really want to bring up baronmarines Checkmate do we.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 597 Likes on 242 Posts

POOPSTAINYELLOW is what i call that color Woogie.This is only the fourth time i have tried to post but i keep getting shot down by the popups so i am making it short.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tommymonza
besides we don't really want to bring up baronmarines Checkmate do we.

Whys that? Whats the gossip?
Old 02-26-2005, 10:10 AM
Registered

monza: just wanted to be sure you opened your pm box. ha ha
todd
Old 02-26-2005, 10:33 AM
Registered

woogie: were dd you find a baron at ? if you go look at it let me know i would love to go if it's not to far.
todd
Old 02-26-2005, 03:20 PM
Registered

Baron - all I know at this time is that its Poopstainyellow Badass passed me the tip - guess its just sitting on E. side of state. If I end up going for a peek will let you know - If you have the time that would be great to have an extra set of eyes. BA is going to knock on the guys door.
-Joe

Quick Reply: 18' powerplay hull expectations..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.