Problems with Arneson 7M Surface Drives

Notices

Problems with Arneson 7M Surface Drives

Old 05-12-2016, 07:35 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DirtyMoney
Post an update in red in the original post!
Hate to sidetrack this thread, but I finally saw Dirty Money up close last weekend, and damn that is a good lookin boat. Color scheme, interior, whole package is unreal.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Well glad all was resolved. But as this was an enlightening thread as we all heard Arnesons never break.
With all seriousness, if your running big power and even though Rik suggests the 7M seems one should go with the 8-6.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by brentadkins
Hate to sidetrack this thread, but I finally saw Dirty Money up close last weekend, and damn that is a good lookin boat. Color scheme, interior, whole package is unreal.
Thank you!
Old 05-13-2016, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by iliveonanisland
Brah u cant be that obtuse... he wasnt referring to living in the sunshine, he was referring to your utopian world kinda outlook on things, as in the land of milk and honey, where everyone gets the reacharound they have coming lol

Try reading a tad slower so your comprehension rate, can keep up with your eyeballs...rm

I know what he meant RM, my response was a joke......and by the way, I think the beware threads are very necessary in this money grubbing industry, lots of dishonest people scamming unknowing boaters. Good for the OP on his call out, I wish him well. I dont live the "sunshine life" whats so ever.....im voting for TRUMP!

Last edited by kreed; 05-13-2016 at 06:39 AM.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by brentadkins
Crew is even better
Old 09-08-2016, 02:02 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have thought a lot about Arnesons because I always heard what a perfect solution they were to breakeage issues. Glad to see some real world situations here because I will think a lot more before running them.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Dayz Skater
Powered by 1150 HP- No I do not have an unlimited cash flow but I to am more than capable and UPC certified to drive cats/power boats. I have driven for many years with no accidents. I have competed for more than 15 years at many powerboat/charity events and poker runs. I have been class winner in many of LOTO Shootouts competitions. I am also current recorded holder for more than one cat class in LOTO Shootout. I to have ran along side many of the Big Boys but none of that matters. Facts are I had no problems with Rik in the beginning either I know things don't always work the way they should, and was willing to over look some of this smaller stuff. My point here is I was told I would have them back within a few weeks. Now here it is 4 months later and still nothing and every time I try to reach him for answers Rik does not answer or return my calls. Which he should it is only good business and if he had I would not be on here questing others. Let me repeat I did not come on here to bash Arneson. I am just stating issues I am having in order to see if it is just my drives/service issues or if other peeps are having same issue. Also at no time did I mention anyone's name, but I admit I did not word thread correctly. What I mean is I have spoken to many on the powerboat industries leading professionals and drivers. These professionals who are associated with the same boat or similar type as mine. All these professionals have stated that others with the same/similar boat as mine are have the same problem with their Arneson drives. Again I don’t want to bash Arneson, I just want my phone calls returned and my drives repaired and returned as promised that’s all.

The arnesons are only rated to 850 hp says rick when I talked to him- maybe you put too much power to it, if it has a bravo gimbal beware.I am interested in these drives but now maybe some used 1600s
Old 06-06-2017, 11:47 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

I understand this boat had issues and never ran the speed anyone expected out of it.

I was told the engine builder claimed (by one of his customers) that the hull
had issues and the sponsons were out of whack and not straight.

Any truth to that?
Old 05-10-2020, 07:58 AM
Registered

Default Rik is a thief

Rik is a thief
Originally Posted by tmmii
I understand this boat had issues and never ran the speed anyone expected out of it.

I was told the engine builder claimed (by one of his customers) that the hull
had issues and the sponsons were out of whack and not straight.

Any truth to that?
Old 05-10-2020, 08:04 AM
Registered

Default Rik is a thief

I have a demand on him for a millón dlrs and for carmen
Originally Posted by frogger1403
I deal with Rik@Arneson for years.

No problems with his product
No problems with his promises.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.