Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Problems with Arneson 7M Surface Drives >

Problems with Arneson 7M Surface Drives

Notices

Problems with Arneson 7M Surface Drives

Old 05-10-2016, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 83 Likes on 37 Posts

Have you tried calling Aero Marine? Carmen is his wife, and Rik is there frequently.

He also may be in Europe working and hasn't seen this yet.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

Wow, I don't know either party in this dispute/nightmare, but if it's all true, it's inexcusable. As a fellow boater, I can't even imagine the frustration that Louie has been going through! Spending the kind of money that he has on a set-up that is supposed to be "The Best of the Best" and then experiencing problem after problem from day one?! And each time thereafter?! Seriously?! I'd be ready to take a bullet! Dialing a new boat in is one thing, but catastrophic failures on every ride is gut-wrenching. Then, to take someones drives that have been flawed since day one and promise to make them right, only to keep them in boat jail for four months?! Now, Rik won't even return Louie's phone calls/VMs??? Are you kidding me?! I can certainly understand why this post went up on OSO. I just hope for Louie's sake, that Rik won't return his calls or respond to this thread because he is too busy fixing Louie's drives!
Old 05-10-2016, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Can someone please pass me the butter and salt shaker???
Scot....pass the popcorn. Its my job to ask for pics of the Skater.....its what I do. PICS please.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

The customer service I have received from Rik and Arneson has been well above anyone else in the marine industry. I don't know anything about this specific issue but there is probably more to the story. I will say that is a lot of power going through that size u-joint.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have tried to call him 4 times this morning with no response,my wife put a post on his face book page yesterday and he deleted her from his page so the tag was deleted.I sure would like to no what i did to him.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

Re: the picture - what failed first? Did the U-joint fail and take out the case or vice versa?
Old 05-10-2016, 11:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Crazy Dayz Skater
I have tried to call him 4 times this morning with no response,my wife put a post on his face book page yesterday and he deleted her from his page so the tag was deleted.I sure would like to no what i did to him.
So he,s done with you it look,s like , sad and want,s to peddle his product on here . It look,s like this issue could have been hazardous to your heath .
Old 05-10-2016, 11:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomcat
Re: the picture - what failed first? Did the U-joint fail and take out the case or vice versa?
I honestly have no idea what broke first when I pulled boat out this is what I seen. It was Middle of Sept at end of season when it happened @ LOTO. I was going down lake w/6 peeps in boat, in the low 140s mph hit a couple cross waves. Then boat took a sudden hard left hook barely missing another boat full of peeps by 1-2 boat lengths.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

So sorry to hear of this Louie, As many of us have I have followed your build, and had wondered what ever became of this project. Sad to hear of the issues. I truely wish you the best with this and hope the drive issues get resolved!! That's a hellava sweet boat you have!!

Last edited by abones; 05-10-2016 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

This is very sad.

Regardless if someone is "done with him" or everyone else got great service so there is "another story".
Everyone deserves an answer, even if that answer is "go take a hike, I am done with this".

Just ignoring and hoping it goes away on its own is unacceptable for anyone in any business.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.