Notices

Twin Turbo LSX Boat

Old 06-29-2016, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by corey331
My weight saving was a lot more significant than that, but I also weighed dressed engine vs. dressed engine. My stock 310hp 454 was 1060lbs with iron intake, iron exhaust, iron heads and all the accessories. My dressed 408 LS2 is 560lbs. That's a 500lb savings over the 454, which is pretty substantial. I also decided to try the aluminum blocked LS2, which saves 100lbs over the 6.0 iron truck block. I know the iron is a little stronger, but at my power levels, the aluminum should still be just fine. If I ever go boosted, it'll get swapped out to iron. I will also concede that a lot of the weight I saved, could have also been shaved off a big block by switching to headers and an aluminum intake. My goal was to build a motor that was roughly equivalent to a hp500 in power and weighed a lot less.. I'm pretty sure fully dressed, I am still 250-350lbs lighter than a fully dressed hp500, and am making slightly more power. But my main reason for doing the swap, was simply to be different!!
How is the boat doing so far? I really hope to run into you one day on Cumberland and check it out in person.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TBAG
How is the boat doing so far? I really hope to run into you one day on Cumberland and check it out in person.
Been fighting reversion issues, so I had to dry up the exhaust. Heading down this weekend to re-install the headers. Hoping to be on the water Friday!!!
Old 06-29-2016, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by corey331
Been fighting reversion issues, so I had to dry up the exhaust. Heading down this weekend to re-install the headers. Hoping to be on the water Friday!!!
Nice, good luck bud, hope you get to enjoy the weekend on the water!
Old 06-29-2016, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get some vids too. I bet it sounds great with the dry exhaust.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Wasted Income
Get some vids too. I bet it sounds great with the dry exhaust.

Will do!!!