Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

So fix the vent....
Old 07-01-2016, 04:34 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
I didn't have time to read all the responses so maybe it has been said.

First thing I would do is get a second opinion and not take the "random guy at gas station's" opinion. That's just me.

And why does it take 40 minutes to pump gas???
We have a marina near us that takes about 40 minutes when taking in 150 gallons or so. Used to be more tolerable when they had a small convenience store, boat parts section, and ice cream stand. New owners as of about 20yrs ago got rid of all that. So.....no one wants to go and gets gas 10 minutes further down the lake.

scottgjerdingen - sometimes you can fix that vent issue. You need some room to straighten out the vent a little and make sure that all of it is running downhill. If some fuel gets in the vent and 'sits' there, it becomes a partial block to the vent and you get gas that chuggs out of it when trying to put gas in the tank. This will also stop the chug back of gas from the fuel fill.
Old 07-01-2016, 04:35 PM
SB
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
So fix the vent....
Boy did I ramble ! LOL.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish you would just get to the point. You say you were putting 200 gallons of gas in a boat you don't own and a stranger comes up and tells you," Hey, this boat is a piece of shi_". Interesting

Last edited by NitroSun; 07-01-2016 at 05:07 PM. Reason: sp
Old 07-01-2016, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 417 Likes on 246 Posts

Darr
Old 07-01-2016, 07:05 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Darr
Old 07-01-2016, 07:26 PM
SB
Registered

Smells like it, but Doesn't seem to be Darr
]
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...5sj6vvXyhWWVBn

Last edited by SB; 07-02-2016 at 07:42 AM.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:30 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Big Scotty with out the cash?
Old 07-01-2016, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by scottgjerdingen
phragle - I hear ya. with respect to seeking out a boat, I have a number of irons in the fire following up on the possibility of getting an AT in need of some glass work is just one. I also have an sr-1 lined up that I absolutely love but pre-purchase enhancements have dragged the availability of that boat from this may until potentially next may so I am very quickly pursuing options to help me determine if I should wait till next year or change plans. Yet another reason why so many questions from me recently.

Back to the AT. I am going in expecting the worst. This is why I have reached out to a highly respected glass man on OSO for feedback on transom & stringer replacement efforts and duration. I've had some conversations with members that have had personal interaction with the boat. If pursuing this is what I chose to do, funds to fix this would be reserved and factored into this equation (and I have been given numbers on what this would cost). I also have the engine builder i have used in the past liked up to make an assessment there. Boat shop is lined up and I may even chase down a surveyor (and I have done enough of these to be both impressed and terribly disappointed by the work done - I also find it odd there is no certification process for a surveyor, anybody can declare themselves one). Back to the glass, if I am being told that even the best guy cannot properly replace a transom and stringers, I missed that.

In the interest of following all wisdom being conveyed, have I missed anything?

Interesting, I believe some comments have been removed from this thread?
Imports are down 20%. Transportation s taking a huge hit . We are on the verge of another recession.

Hold onto your hat for another year, if you still want the boat than offer them 50 cents n the dollar.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by scottgjerdingen
40 min to pump gas - 2 - 100g tanks (one of which has a sensitive overflow and gas can't be fed in full bore), potty breaks, snacks, lunch ideas, ice, coolers filled, running into folks ya know....it's easy to burn 40 in there
On the story of pumping gas and pissing off people , which was my speciality in a Very kindly Demanor.

Pull up to the chit hole gas station that sold gas the cheapest and proceed to grab 4 to 5 nozzles that were in reach and start pumping.

200 in the boat and 500 in the transfer tank in the truck. 3 nozzles in the truck threw most people over the edge , especially when you grab them from the other side of the island and tie up the pump there.

By the time they got done having a conniption and complaining to the store manager I was full and out of there.

Everyday occurrence when your Rockin 12 hours a day in the boat and fueling 8 wave runners.
Good Fun back than

I highly recommend this way of fueling if your fills permit multiple nozzles

The exasperation on people faces of you tieing up the pump on their side of the island when they want to just pump 5 bucks n was priceless .

Last edited by tommymonza; 07-01-2016 at 10:57 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.