Lake Lanier - lessons learned >

Lake Lanier - lessons learned

Notices

Lake Lanier - lessons learned

Old 07-19-2016, 10:44 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I know I am going to get hammered for this but I want to ask and sorry and I mean very sorry. I did not know the parties involved here but did know the boats. It was the day before the poker run - They left from eating or a party or what ? it was brought up how experience of a driver the owner was. I am NOT doubting that period but want to ask - did alcohol consumption take place before possible impairing any driving abilities ? I am only asking, NOT implying that he or anyone drank one once of alcohol.

Was this a mechanical failure ? Another question that has not been brought up. Sorry for asking these questions and very sorry this happened to them. It seemed they were very well liked .
Old 07-19-2016, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bulletbob
Thank you voice of reason! Some morons on this site must be insurance agents and want to drive rates up with topics like this. If you have to discuss this do it in person. Not on the forums so your insurance agents can read it M O R O N S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Insurance agents have nothing to do with rates and non of them want rates increased in any line of insurance. Actuaries adjust rates and calculate risk based on real numbers not forums, relax.

Last edited by JD Dearden; 07-19-2016 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:57 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by SkaterMike82
DELETE .... Some of yall will never get it. This is the difference between new OSO & old OSO and with that being said, dockrocker you should know as you have been here for a while and know how the old OSO was. Delete this.
This is NOT true. Do a search and you will see the former site owner let the discussion be had after the Texoma incident and others.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:02 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BUP
I know I am going to get hammered for this but I want to ask and sorry and I mean very sorry. I did not know the parties involved here but did know the boats. It was the day before the poker run - They left from eating or a party or what ? it was brought up how experience of a driver the owner was. I am NOT doubting that period but want to ask - did alcohol consumption take place before possible impairing any driving abilities ? I am only asking, NOT implying that he or anyone drank one once of alcohol.

Was this a mechanical failure ? Another question that has not been brought up. Sorry for asking these questions and very sorry this happened to them. It seemed they were very well liked .
Apparently the only witness so far is mentioned in the Speed on the Water article http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...-s-lake-lanier I have not seen any other first hand account.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:05 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
This is NOT true. Do a search and you will see the former site owner let the discussion be had after the Texoma incident and others.
Not to mention he was physically ill over it as well.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the one thing to learn here is bad things happen to great people, and to remember we all do this to have fun with the people we love and enjoy being around. For some reason these incidents bring many people out to ask about the manufacture, the talent of the driver, life jackets, drinks etc. I have never discussed this on a forum but I survived one of these as the driver. I can break down the day the weekend the last run into milliseconds. I can tell you all details that are terrifying for me to think about. After all the thoughts and processing I cannot give you an exact explanation of why. Your mind goes back further and further to look for clues. Nobody will ever know exactly what happened and what caused this. I hope I don't regret this post...
Old 07-19-2016, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

So why do so many stick their heads in the sand ? What is it you're afraid to find out ?
Thankfully aviation does a better job with accidents.

Last edited by Interceptor; 07-19-2016 at 12:26 PM.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
That's not my point Greg. The point is no one is going to gain anything by starting a thread like this and back then no one would do it so often (that's what i meant to say) like it's done now. Now when $*&^ happens people want to blow stuff up to be " kool" and get credit off of others that are suffering and in sadness.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
So why do so many stick their heads in the sand ? What is it you're afraid to find out ?
Thankfully aviation does a better job with accidents.
Cause we all know driving a boat and flying a plane are practically the exact same thing.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Who among us has never made the decision to forego the life vests on a hot day? Accidents will happen in any motorsport and we all know the risk. No need to rehash the life vest thing. Condolences to the friends and family of the four lost boaters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.