Lake Lanier - lessons learned >

Lake Lanier - lessons learned

Notices

Lake Lanier - lessons learned

Old 07-19-2016, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Why don't you people just call up your insurance company yourselves and tell them to double your rates?
They are already reading this.
Pretty sure they don't need an offshore website to set their rates or raise their rates........they do it already!

The underwriters would just need to call Sy, Stacey or Devon to inquire about "what happened" and then the underwriters start with the payout equations and resetting the rates.

Your comment makes about as much sense if you called the San Francisco Chronicle and told them to stop covering the major earthquake they just had because insurers could read it and raise the homeowner's rates.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Unless it was witnessed or caught on a video the causes will be speculation and lead us nowhere. The dude chopping throttles in the Fountain was a lesson because you could see his actions, this...who knows. Sort of pointless until more facts come out.
With everyone running "Go Pro" devices you know there should be video somewhere even if it was little Johnny wakeboarding behind a pontoon with the Skater in the background.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 4,286 Likes on 1,237 Posts

My daughter was starting to get lazy about wearing a wife jacket ( getting into the teenage years and wearing is one cool I guess) since this accident she will again be wearing it while under way, no exceptions.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:03 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Pretty sure they don't need an offshore website to set their rates or raise their rates........they do it already!

The underwriters would just need to call Sy, Stacey or Devon to inquire about "what happened" and then the underwriters start with the payout equations and resetting the rates.

Your comment makes about as much sense if you called the San Francisco Chronicle and told them to stop covering the major earthquake they just had because insurers could read it and raise the homeowner's rates.
Unfortunately, society thrives on sensationalism and gore. And we're just not going to change that in any of our generations.

And my boat insurance underwriters are unaffiliated with Sy, Stacy, nor Devon. Are yours affiliated?

P.S. I know they don't "need" a website, but they sure do "use" them. Kind of like how Ron White tells his story about not knowing how many bouncers it was going to take to kick his ass, but he knew how many they were going to use.

We could always ask RiskTaker about boating, events, websites, and insurance...
...wait, he's not around anymore after the SOTW accident. The gore and sensationalism after the deaths ruined a man's whole career.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 07-19-2016 at 08:12 AM.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:07 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Nashville Catz was a Nortech 43 Supercat and it hit a Eliminator and 5 died in Texas that day. Fiore died in his brand.......The logo on the side doesn't matter.
http://www.soundingsonline.com/news/...ed-as-horrific
There are no immune manufacturers.

HTM and Redline, also both lost their founders in their own boat accidents.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 07-19-2016 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

I've read all the posts so far...I understand that everyone needs to vent, share thoughts, etc, etc...not really sure this is of any benefit however. Maybe this is more of a "speak to your therapist and deal with the mourning process"...Keeping things civil and on point might be the best tactic here. I personally can not imagine having to deal with such a loss of any of my friends or family. Yes, anything at anytime can and will happen. Our joy of boating is our release. Some push the limits, some don't...if you push the limits something bad will happen at some point.... God speed to all involved...pray for the family and friends...

Chris
Old 07-19-2016, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Why don't you people just call up your insurance company yourselves and tell them to double your rates?
They are already reading this.

What happened? The boat was going fast and it got of shape.
Why? No one is certain, but it did NOT involve another craft.
Does this suck that it happened? Yep.
Could PFDs helped? Perhaps.
But only if rated for high speed impacts AND worn correctly (read: leg straps).
They likely died from impact and not drowning, and that should come out at some point.

I'm not sure what else needs to be discussed.

Even though this didn't happen on the Poker Run, let's hope this doesn't cause it to get shut down; as has happened to many other runs around the country.
Thank you voice of reason! Some morons on this site must be insurance agents and want to drive rates up with topics like this. If you have to discuss this do it in person. Not on the forums so your insurance agents can read it M O R O N S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-19-2016, 08:33 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bulletbob
Thank you voice of reason! Some morons on this site must be insurance agents and want to drive rates up with topics like this. If you have to discuss this do it in person. Not on the forums so your insurance agents can read it M O R O N S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Insurance companies and law firms gather their data from official accident reports via services that do nothing else, very doubtful that anyone's opinion on a forum is going to make much if any difference.

Insurance companies are mostly interested in premiums earned verses loss history. The minute those numbers don't favor them, they are out.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think a majority of this can be pointed towards the lowering costs of making big horsepower. The last ~20 years has really driven the price on being able to make big horsepower, in both car/boat form, downward. As we move forward with more power and faster vehicles, accidents are more tragic. I'm not saying there should be a limit or restriction, but there are repercussions of having high horsepower. But I can't talk, I rode my 189 wheel horsepower street bike to work this morning, and will have my 1250 hp in the water this weekend. I also know that both have a chance of severely hurting me or worse killing me, but I'm willing to take that risk to enjoy what I love.
Old 07-19-2016, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
My daughter was starting to get lazy about wearing a wife jacket ( getting into the teenage years and wearing is one cool I guess) since this accident she will again be wearing it while under way, no exceptions.
I'm getting the same grief from my older daughter now that she turned 14 and does not legally have to wear one while underway. I have eased up a little bit and let her take hers off if we are just idling along and she is sitting on the bench seat, but of course now her 12 year old sister wants to shed hers too. Can't win.

I am usually just putting along at 40 MPH or so most of the time, but you just never know when the unexpected can happen, and if someone went under in the murky lake or river water you would never be able to find them in time. It's just not worth the chance when it comes to your kids. Even at those speeds, I still wear my lanyard just in case.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.