Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Going from lake boat to offshore boat >

Going from lake boat to offshore boat

Notices

Going from lake boat to offshore boat

Old 08-11-2016, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That cig looks like a nice boat. Would certainly treat you right when it turns ugly out in the ocean. Ad say's possible trade for 26-28 cat lake boat. Could be a good situation for you to get your offshore boat. Unless your plan was to keep the lake rocket.Good luck!
Old 08-11-2016, 06:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Call Phil @ Lip-Ship if you're ready to buy. He has a 1993 TG that he COMPLETELY restored not to long ago. He just got it back in the other day and it's quite a bit less $ than that one. 305-993-9988. If you want me to go look at it I'd be more than happy to!
Old 08-11-2016, 06:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,126 Likes on 476 Posts

That ad is also more than 12 months old......

Many old ads do not get deleted from powerboatlistings so always check the ad date. If you've contacted the seller and she's still available, I'd be wondering why it hasn't sold and then be looking for a good crunch on price.
It does look nice in the photos but is a boat that age really worth 100k plus? Just asking....

RR
Old 08-11-2016, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
Call Phil @ Lip-Ship if you're ready to buy. He has a 1993 TG that he COMPLETELY restored not to long ago. He just got it back in the other day and it's quite a bit less $ than that one. 305-993-9988. If you want me to go look at it I'd be more than happy to!
Is that the blue one? If so, it was a super clean one owner boat when Phil took it in and he went through it completely. Don't remember what motors he put in it though.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:28 AM
Registered
VIP Member

There is that '99 Sonic 31ss in the classifieds. Is smaller, but seems like a lot of boat for the money. Have to agree with Uncle Dave tho. The 39 EVO is the schizz.
Beautiful boat.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by zx14
Yep I drp too. I was dreaming of a budget 100-120k?
Looking at this beast http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/35445, but damn, it's old, but not being a dr. Or a lawyer , this may be how old it's gotta be, I've still got 35 years on it tho, so I guess it's not that old,,,,lol
That looks like a very nice boat. Old but fully restored. At your price point you should be able to find a nice, newer TS/TG depending on your power requirements.

How fast do you want to go? Most of the time we run around 65 to 70 in what I would call "normal" water (1 to 3;s) and will run slower when it picks up. Just depends on how bad you want to get beaten up!

There are times when it is pretty flat and the fast guys will open it up (100+). My boat tops out at mid 70's (until I install the ProChargers!) and is fine for most runs. When they do run fast and get ahead they always will slow down so the slower boats can catch up or circle around.

Not being a big dollar guy, I prefer to have a slower boat that is 100% reliable and way cheaper to maintain and operate. Some guys don't mind spending the big bucks to go fast.

It's getting towards end of summer for most of the country so now is a good time to start looking. Take your time and find the right boat. Also, winter boating in the ocean can be nicer than summer. No June gloom so you can go out early and see the water.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

You might want to check this out.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...er-o66735.html
Old 08-11-2016, 10:58 AM
Registered

I may have seen that Powerplay in Greenport , NY. this past weekend. Not many around here and the graphics look the same. Looked like a nice boat.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by flatlanderbill
That cig looks like a nice boat. Would certainly treat you right when it turns ugly out in the ocean. Ad say's possible trade for 26-28 cat lake boat. Could be a good situation for you to get your offshore boat. Unless your plan was to keep the lake rocket.Good luck!
Nop, the Daytona has to go first.

Looking at Hustler 388 slingshot too, can't find a bad review.

Last edited by zx14; 08-11-2016 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are going to run to Catalina or along the Coast at all i would highly recommend a radar/AIS/ MAP

Going to and from Catalina or up an down you are crossing heavy shipping lanes and will have very poor to no visibility at times.

IF you dont get a radar - get an AIS system.
It will overlay commercial traffic on your map so you can "see" (not pleasure craft though its not a radar) them- and they you!
At times even gives you a rudder indication so you can see where something like where a Catalina flyer is going to be heading.

The Hustler 388 is one of the few East Coasters I like. They make a nice rig.

Welcome to the Ocean!

UD
Attached Thumbnails Going from lake boat to offshore boat-screen-shot-2016-08-11-2.07.41-pm.jpg