Notices

Keith Eickert

Old 08-21-2016, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Keith Eickert

Is Keith Eickert still around building engines? With Onken? In Florida, Illinois, Wisconsin, or anywhere? Just curious....he kind of fell of the face of the earth. I know he kept,kind of a low profile....but
Also anyone remember a Piwer products or something from Elkhart, Indiana? Was that his or just a distributor back in the day?
Thanks
Old 08-21-2016, 08:30 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Lightning Performance

http://www.kustomboltons.com/about-us.html

Last edited by SB; 08-21-2016 at 08:33 AM.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

last time I talked with him I thought he mentioned he was moving his shop back to Florida... I could be wrong--- that was about a year and a half ago...
Old 08-21-2016, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by delsol
last time I talked with him I thought he mentioned he was moving his shop back to Florida... I could be wrong--- that was about a year and a half ago...
That's what I'm wondering
I know he is part of lightning performance I with Don Onken and they have a shop in lake Ozark and Illinois.
Just wondered how involved he was with that and haven't seen a whole lot out there lately from them.
Keith eickert/lightning performance I think has Facebook page that says Madison Florida?
So you may be right
Old 08-22-2016, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Unless something has changed that I am unaware of, Keith retired awhile ago and is no longer affiliated with Lightning Performance. I believe one of the last engines he built before retiring is sitting under the hood of my Dad's 70 GTO convertible.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Sounds like Keith may not have "fully" retired. I'll talk to my dad (who talks to Donny all the time) and see to what degree Keith got pulled back in.

Another thing I have to check out is the new jaw-dropping engine that Onken’s crew is planning to display—a 3,000-hp, 777-cubic-inch Sonny Leonard-developed power plant that Onken teamed up with Leonard and longtime partner and engine guru, Keith Eickert, to put together.

“It’s a joint deal between all of us ‘good old boys’ and Precision Turbo and Engine,” Onken said. “We’re also going to have the new engine, which is an all-billet block with 5.3-inch bore spacing, on display at Captain Ron’s on Friday and Saturday. Sonny is going to be there with us, too.”